What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 416 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Reply
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #6226
Plato2k5
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
I'm going to crawl under my Jeep Sunday probably to get this bearing replaced. I'll do it in the parking lot if I have to.
Give Ross a shout and see where he is going to be working on his truck. Maybe Dyer will lend a hand.

Plato2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #6227
Jason
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 6,369
I'm in Washington DC! I had to go on a work trip this week. I'm on my way home now and at the airport. My flight doesn't leave until 9:20, so I'm having a beer.
__________________
"Ugly Betty" Build - 97 TJ 5.9 Magnum / 46RE Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #6228
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Almost done with my on board air...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAlv...e_gdata_player
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #6229
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79
Going to R&V on Saturday. Working on my jeep the rest of the weekend.
In your rig??

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100
Hoping to get my front driveshaft rebuilt in time to hit the Mounds Monday with the Thumb Jeepers
What does it need? U-joints?

Curt, you're still welcome to come to my garage. Still the same situation here lol.

Sounds like everyone else is going to have a fun time.

I will not be going to Silver Lake or Bundy like I want to. Plenty of work around the homestead though.
Saturday I will be taking Kelsey's cousin out to Yankee springs for her first ever wheeling experience in her Jeep (KJ)! Should be exciting for her, and a good excuse to take mine out for some minor fun.

'00 XJ not quite there..
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #6230
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato2k5 View Post
Give Ross a shout and see where he is going to be working on his truck. Maybe Dyer will lend a hand.
I'll have to see what time I have, my next day off isn't until tues, which is the day that I have class all day, go figure.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #6231
Alboy79
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Conklin, Michigan
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
In your rig??

...in her Jeep (KJ)!
Not mine...

I do miss my liberty. It was one of my favorite rigs.
__________________
CheapThrills Off-Road
Alboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #6232
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79

Not mine...

I do miss my liberty. It was one of my favorite rigs.
I've been considering one for the next DD. there was one in last week's auto trader that had the diesel engine. I don't know much about them but that seems like it would be cool.

'00 XJ not quite there..
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #6233
phittie1100
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Burton, MI
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post

What does it need? U-joints?
Yup - angry sparrows over the winter turned into the soundtrack for Hitchcock's "The Birds" after our Silver Lake trip last month. I have been running with it disconnected for about 3 weeks. No fooling around this rebuild, I called Ironman Offroad in Saginaw and ordered all Spicer replacement parts.
__________________
Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
KD8PAV
phittie1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #6234
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100

Yup - angry sparrows over the winter turned into the soundtrack for Hitchcock's "The Birds" after our Silver Lake trip last month. I have been running with it disconnected for about 3 weeks. No fooling around this rebuild, I called Ironman Offroad in Saginaw and ordered all Spicer replacement parts.
Haha! If all it needs is u joints out and in I could do it for ya. Got a brand new vise mounted up to the bench!

'00 XJ not quite there..
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #6235
Alboy79
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Conklin, Michigan
Posts: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
I've been considering one for the next DD. there was one in last week's auto trader that had the diesel engine. I don't know much about them but that seems like it would be cool.

'00 XJ not quite there..
The diesel would be tits. Mine was the 3.7L, 2.5" lift, MTRs.
The day after putting the lift and tires on, my old man and i drove it to denver to go to a LOST KJs meet and greet. It was awesome.
__________________
CheapThrills Off-Road
Alboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #6236
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot
 
Rubicon0311's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 3,319
Anyone have a bicycle tire sitting around? 26"x1.25"??
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #6237
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79

The diesel would be tits. Mine was the 3.7L, 2.5" lift, MTRs.
The day after putting the lift and tires on, my old man and i drove it to denver to go to a LOST KJs meet and greet. It was awesome.
Prices seem to be good. It's like the PT Cruiser of Jeeps. That diesel was around 4k IIRC.. Gotta sell this Subaru before anything.

'00 XJ not quite there..
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #6238
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: , Michigan
Posts: 1,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311
Anyone have a bicycle tire sitting around? 26"x1.25"??
Gotta take the one off Kelseys bike. But it would work, for free.

'00 XJ not quite there..
__________________
'00 XJ not quite there...
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #6239
idiot magnet
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Noblesville, IN & Mackinaw City, MI
Posts: 663
Did a trail cleanup last weekend, then ran a trail with a few friends and managed to get this stuck between my axle and track bar. It was buried in the mud and crap that I was driving through.
I was very lucky since we were on a trail cleanup that day and my buddy had a chainsaw with him so we were able to cut out the added lumber to my Jeep.
bad-place-log.jpg  
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #6240
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!
 
ashland82391's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot magnet View Post
Did a trail cleanup last weekend, then ran a trail with a few friends and managed to get this stuck between my axle and track bar. It was buried in the mud and crap that I was driving through.
I was very lucky since we were on a trail cleanup that day and my buddy had a chainsaw with him so we were able to cut out the added lumber to my Jeep.
Haha that's awesome
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.