What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 400 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5986 of 8437 Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Garage desperately needs a good jack, and to construct a bench.

'00 XJ not quite there..

'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5987 of 8437 Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Xk

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post
Im maintaining a 1100 gallon system in Buena Vista Twp (saginaw), talk about huuugggeeee! I just started last month, so no pics yet...but ill get some sooner or later.

Yeah, id postpone just about anything to do with this hobby if you think your moving. Its really one of those things you get into when your planted for a few years.

The barn is half filled, and ive just about emptied the garage so thats a good sign. Its not wired up yet (may not wire it up either, since i too may be moving within the year).

Hows Betty?
I'm like *this close* to adding onto my garage. Even though I know I won't be here long, or recoup the cost, I'm just running out of space. I trip over things everytime I turn around in the garage. I have crap piled on top of crap.

Betty is just fine. I got it out and wheeled it once with Curt. Been driving it here and there otherwise. It runs great. Few issues that are probably not swap related. There's a hole in the fuel tank that spills when I fill it and emits fumes. Cranks a little longer than I would like it to, but always starts. Just figured out why the fuel gauge reads funny, but won't likely bother fixing it. I had to take a little hiatus because I had a bunch of fab work to do. I have a set of tube fenders waiting to go on. I still have a pile of work to do, some on my truck, a little on my 2005, then I can get back to finishing Betty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
post #5988 of 8437 Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Garage desperately needs a good jack, and to construct a bench.

'00 XJ not quite there..
I have a good, old, heavy jack that needs a little bit of work. My other jack couldn't lift my 3/4 ton truck while this one can. Still lifts, but leaks and need some work. Probably be good again if you wanted to put work into it. They don't make them like this anymore. I was going to scrap it, but I hate to just toss it. Yours if you want it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

post #5989 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

I have a good, old, heavy jack that needs a little bit of work. My other jack couldn't lift my 3/4 ton truck while this one can. Still lifts, but leaks and need some work. Probably be good again if you wanted to put work into it. They don't make them like this anymore. I was going to scrap it, but I hate to just toss it. Yours if you want it.
Hell yeah man, if it works or can be made to work I'll try it.

How's everybody feel about a Yankee run sometime this weekend? Haven't checked the weather yet, but even if it's crappy I'd like to get out for a bit. My sway bars have been hooked up too long..

'00 XJ not quite there..

post #5990 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM
--chris--

2008 JK Wrangler 

Not like I would make it to a community even this weekend, but I know for certain I wont be there since jay will be one year old this friday and the associated party will Saturday.

I got a phone call today from the goodyear dealer 4 miles down the road. It was on my wifes cell (we answer back and forth regularly). The guy on the phone wanted to let me know my 35" goodyear mt/r's are in and I can come in anytime this week to mount them.

What?!?!

I guess she was trying to surprise me. Ooopppsss....anyways, ill have some 50% tread 33" mt/r's for sale soon. 5 of them. One is like new. I was thinking $500 to $600...is that about right?

post #5991 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris--
Not like I would make it to a community even this weekend, but I know for certain I wont be there since jay will be one year old this friday and the associated party will Saturday.

I got a phone call today from the goodyear dealer 4 miles down the road. It was on my wifes cell (we answer back and forth regularly). The guy on the phone wanted to let me know my 35" goodyear mt/r's are in and I can come in anytime this week to mount them.

What?!?!

I guess she was trying to surprise me. Ooopppsss....anyways, ill have some 50% tread 33" mt/r's for sale soon. 5 of them. One is like new. I was thinking $500 to $600...is that about right?
Hahaha! Busted! A cool surprise though!

'00 XJ not quite there..

post #5992 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 07:51 PM
--chris--

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Hahaha! Busted! A cool surprise though!

'00 XJ not quite there..
Not gonna bust her chops on this one...i couldnt figure out why she was so curious about if 35's would fit, and what they look like, and if she would notice the difference in how the look from my 33's and why not just get some cheaper radials...why MT's, etc etc etc...

Now i know lol.

Ive got a lot of winter fixing to do to the TJ. The frame has started to get a tad rusty, the rear bumper rusted up good, the hood has a rock chip right on the lip in the front that is forming rust, the door handles are bubbling up and i really want to get rid of this soft top while its new'sh and get a good hardtop.

post #5993 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 08:22 PM
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Hey throw up a picture of thoose 33" tires I'm interested

3.5 re lift, double sheer front tb, 31" wrangler duratecs
post #5994 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
--chris--

2008 JK Wrangler 

Ive got some pics here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/re...l#post14559376

Non are close ups, but i can get some tomorrow for you. That was when i bought it, ive put about 4000 miles on it since then.

post #5995 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

Alright would like to see how much tread is left, I have the same but in 31" so I wouldn't mind going a bit bigger

Are they for 15"?

3.5 re lift, double sheer front tb, 31" wrangler duratecs
post #5996 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
--chris--

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtackerman28 View Post
Alright would like to see how much tread is left, I have the same but in 31" so I wouldn't mind going a bit bigger

Are they for 15"?
Ill stick a coin in there tomorrow and see...last time i checked it was about 3/8".

Yeah, they are 15".

post #5997 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hell yeah man, if it works or can be made to work I'll try it.

How's everybody feel about a Yankee run sometime this weekend? Haven't checked the weather yet, but even if it's crappy I'd like to get out for a bit. My sway bars have been hooked up too long..

'00 XJ not quite there..
Come get it. It still lifts, it just needs some work. It will probably out live me. "They don't make them like they used to."

What's legal out at Yankee?

Quote:
post #5998 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Come get it. It still lifts, it just needs some work. It will probably out live me. "They don't make them like they used to."

What's legal out at Yankee?
All the seasonal roads, It's really not anything difficult. Your 05 will be fine out there.

post #5999 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What?!?!

Cool deal. I never get Jeep stuff as gifts.

MT/Rs are super sweet tires. Only thing I've heard is they aren't great in the rain. I don't often drive in the rain, so I don't know.

Quote:
post #6000 of 8437 Old 04-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ive got some pics here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/re...l#post14559376

Non are close ups, but i can get some tomorrow for you. That was when i bought it, ive put about 4000 miles on it since then.
Quote:
ill have some 50% tread 33" mt/r's for sale soon. 5 of them. One is like new. I was thinking $500 to $600...is that about right?
Those are Duratracs in the pic, not MT/Rs.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.