What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 107 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1591
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
hhmmm...having our webmaster take a look, I'll let you know what I find out. It's usually a bit more friendly.
Don't bother, I send an email via the "contact us" thingy and Kevin fixed me up. Thanks though!

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #1592
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
hhmmm...having our webmaster take a look, I'll let you know what I find out. It's usually a bit more friendly.
I had the same problem.

Sent an email on the contact us page, thanks for pointing me their!

I put an add on CL yesterday in the "gigs wanted" section looking for someone to help me knock down my garage with some heavy machines. If anyone here wants a crack at it, PM me. Ideally it would be someone near by to save on gas/time and you would be looking for garage stuff (The garage still has two good overhead doors, 10 good 30' trusses, lots of 2x6, 5/16 plywood, etc...) but i can do cash as well.
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #1593
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Also, tire update: Dude never called me yesterday, so I called there (again ). They offered me $300 for the set of tires. They cost almost $300 each when I bought them.

Three-****ing-hundred-****ing-dollars.

That is in no way, shape or form even close to an acceptable resolution. I have 8000 miles on these tires and I can't balance them. I expressed that I was very displeased with the situation, however that did not sway their decision. This is a local tire shop in the town I live in. This is not the first problem I've had with them. This is the absolute last time I deal with these people.

I called Mickey Thompson directly. They indicated that the tires should be dismounted and sent to them. The guy on the phone said that with the amount of tread remaining (14/32 rears and 15/32nds front; I measured myself, local shop confirmed.) I should get a full or most of a refund. I called the local shop to explain this, and they are now going to call M/T to clarify.

Local guy called back and said they can send them in, but IF they aren't warrantied for some reason, they don't send them back. This seemed odd to me, so I called M/T back and they explained that this is the policy because if they send them back and someone hurt themselves, they could be liable.

I understand the reasoning, but it still seems strange to me and I'm concerned some faceless person will decide to not warranty the tires for some reason and I'll simply be SOL with no tires, as this is the approximate luck that I have. The guy at M/T seemed pretty confident that they would get replaced. When I pointed out that the shop indicated they weren't warranty-able, he indicated it wasn't their decision at this point.

I told the shop to send them back. I can't use them anyways. Shop was going to get an idea of how long it would take because they don't ship unless they have enough. It could be two months. If that's the case, I'm just going to put the Jeep up for the winter early.

I guess now the supplier is going to look at them and just issue a credit for them if they feel they will be warrantied. (Not sure why this wasn't done in the first place??) That would be the ideal solution, but I'm not holding my breath on that, because I don't have that kind of luck.

If the supplier doesn't issue the credit, I think I'll just buy new tires from elsewhere and hope the M/T gives me a refund. If not, I'm out over $1000 on tires.
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #1594
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Twenty five bucks for the day sounds like cheap entertainment to me. Two range passes and a box of Czech surplus 6.5x55 runs the same, and only keeps my son and me busy for an hour or so. Two Imax tickets and a snack runs $35. I wish we had some state trails that provided some free entertainment that was as good, still working on that.
yeah it not really a bad price. i like r and v orv park alot. going to have alot of fun wheeling. this time i wont forget my tire pressure gage to air down the tires. i almost made it up to stump hill but dug a big rut and wouldnt go farther. doesnt help that bfg all terrians are one of the heaviest tires made.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #1595
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I almost forgot the purpose of this thread - "What I did to my LJ?"

Bought a used soft top for my LJ - they are far and few between, and a replacement skin w/tinted windows runs something north of $800...picked this one up for $100! It has a bad zipper on the rear window but I just repaired the zipper on my old top this summer for $23 and about an hour of time, so that's no big deal. The side windows do not have the reinforcing band across them so it appears to even be a correct 2004.5 top. No cracks, splits, or big scars on any of the side/rear windows.

No just need to find a set of used bows so I can have a complete second top - one for the week, one for the weekend.
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #1596
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

lol jesus craigslist.

Unread 09-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #1597
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Impressive.
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #1598
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got another

Unread 09-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #1599
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris--
lol jesus craigslist.
Holy moly. I'll come tear that **** up with a BFH!
Unread 09-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1600
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cherokee guy came back with the broken bolts removed from the steering box. One of the nuts that bolts the bumper to the support broke, so I welded that back on. I put the steering box back in, put the reinforcements in and bolted the bumper up. Installed a new set of control arms too and sent him down the road. So that little task is done.
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #1601
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Meant to reply to your tire conundrum Jason, sorry.

MT better fix you up, being a industry that handles stuff like that (defective items, not tires) i can tell you we (as a distributor) always try to make our customers look good. We will take the blame, give our customer a good reason why its our fault (they know its now our fault, but it shifts the blame to us from them), hell ive even let a customer rip me a new one of the phone in front of his customer just to make the end user happy. If the distributor doesnt step up, and MT fails to make good thats just ****ty. I cant imagine that will happen however, as i understand it that is a much more competitive market with many distributors and even more tire company's.

However, if MT doesn't come through. Please feel free to leave a review here on JF, we have a manufacturer review forum dont we? I would not be above some persuasive phone techniques...i.e. let them know your a respected member of a very large off road website and your opinion is valued by many people looking for MT products.
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #1602
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post
Meant to reply to your tire conundrum Jason, sorry.
Yeah, I'm really, really, REALLY upset at this whole thing. I've put about 500 miles on my Jeep this year, maybe a few more. Seems like I just changed the diff fluid after my gear break-in, which was 500 miles.

The retailer didn't step up here at all. They gave me a real "**** you" attitude with this whole situation. They didn't follow the proper channels for resolving a warranty issue until I called MT myself. And even then, they made it seem like there was a good possibility that MT would keep the tires without a refund, and MT said the opposite. I want to support local businesses, but I just can't justify it if this is how they treat former / potential future customers.

Quote:
your a respected member of a very large off road website and your opinion is valued by many people looking for MT products.
Let's not get carried away. Lol. I explained to the guy at the tire shop that I wouldn't spend another dime in that place. I have four vehicles, one motorcycle, and three trailers. Guess what they all need? TIRES! I won't be getting any of them there.

I work on Jeeps. I build stuff for Jeeps. I talk to Jeep people. This is what I do. I'm more than willing to share my experiences with companies, good or bad, with others.
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #1603
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol jesus craigslist.

OK - I'm missing something, what are we looking at?
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #1604
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
OK - I'm missing something, what are we looking at?
Cheap put up an ad for Garage Demo on CL. 1000 people replied within a few hours.
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #1605
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Question for you guys. When i was up north with my YJ (1994, 2.5, auto) I saw my oil pressure was high. Now that I am home I am reading over post about it and I don't have many symptoms they describe with High OP. I do not have oil coming out of the dipstick, I don't have oil in my air filter box, I am not losing oil so it isn't blowing out of other orifices. Does this sound like just a bad sensor or gauge?
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.