What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 08-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #1531
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thinking about going wheeling or taking my doors off but, i dont think it be a good idea because i live in saginaw mi and people would like to take my stuff. i need a couple ideas to secure my stuff in the jeep. any ideas?

4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #1532
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Easiest thing to do is simply leave nothing valuable in it. I don't often even lock the doors on my Jeep (when the doors are on it) but I do have an alarm. The alarm is mostly a deterrent -- I don't leave anything in it worth stealing.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #1533
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20
thinking about going wheeling or taking my doors off but, i dont think it be a good idea because i live in saginaw mi and people would like to take my stuff. i need a couple ideas to secure my stuff in the jeep. any ideas?
There's a few manufacturers that make a lock-box type replacement counsel, or glove box option. Realistically, you aren't going to stop anyone who wants your stuff badly enough...
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1534
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Easiest thing to do is simply leave nothing valuable in it. I don't often even lock the doors on my Jeep (when the doors are on it) but I do have an alarm. The alarm is mostly a deterrent -- I don't leave anything in it worth stealing.

yeah i am looking to put an alarm system in the jeep and probley a tool box bolted down in the cargo area to lock. i keep tools in my jeep at all times in case of a breakdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
There's a few manufacturers that make a lock-box type replacement counsel, or glove box option. Realistically, you aren't going to stop anyone who wants your stuff badly enough...
yeah. i was looking at a few counsil lock box. thinking of getting an alarm system and bolt down a tool box in the cargo area. here a question for you guys is it really worth going doorless? it would be great on a real hot weather day. but my father and family telling me dont go doorless. i think the only time i would go doorless is when wheeling, and out cruising and not leaving the jeep in a parking lot for long period of time.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #1535
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
is it really worth going doorless?
Totally. Last year mine were off all summer. Don't forget you need an outside mirror at least on the driver side to stay legal.
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #1536
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Totally. Last year mine were off all summer. Don't forget you need an outside mirror at least on the driver side to stay legal.
haha even know its not a wrangler. yeah i would get two clamp on mirror. hey does anyone locally sell alarm systems for vehicle?
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #1537
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20

haha even know its not a wrangler. yeah i would get two clamp on mirror. hey does anyone locally sell alarm systems for vehicle?
Just about any parts store should have something. Local car audio place otherwise.
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #1538
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone have any experiences with JCR offroad?
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #1539
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My doors just come off a little easier, that's all.

I think I remember someone mentioning Duke's car stereo out that way? I believe that's the place that tinted the front windows on my truck and it looks pretty good.
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #1540
DaveS01
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ
Great stuff, great people, great prices.
DaveS01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #1541
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS01

Awesome! I just found out that they're about ten minutes from where I'm working right now. I'm going to check them out, and probably spend too much money..
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #1542
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Don't go to Dukes. All the good people are gone. (I use to work there in Saginaw) The main guy started his own business. Custom audio solutions. His name is Frank and he is the only guy I let touch my vehicles. I just put my doors back on my Yj yesterday because it rained. Everything is coming off again today. I feel your pain as I live in Flint and it is the same situation. The only thing with any value is my daughters car seats but really if they want them my soft top and locked doors are not going to stop them.

I have yet to have any police stop me for no side mirrors. I have heard of it happening but I think they have bigger issues here.
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #1543
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS01 View Post
Quote:
Awesome! I just found out that they're about ten minutes from where I'm working right now. I'm going to check them out, and probably spend too much money..

Stop by and see me. I work customer service for them. would be happy to show you around quick. always nice to meet a local smiling face

thanks for the kind words DaveS01
Unread 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #1544
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah i am looking to put an alarm system in the jeep and probley a tool box bolted down in the cargo area to lock. i keep tools in my jeep at all times in case of a breakdown.
I have a Wrangler that is topless most of the summer - instead of one of those expensive stamped steel boxes either for behind the rear seat or instead of the rear seat, I made one out of plywood, some steel angle iron and some hardware. Opens to the rear, so I can lock my tailgate and keep everything out of sight. Gives me a reasonably secure spot for my briefcase when I run in to a store or something.
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #1545
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks for stopping in. Nice to meet you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.