What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 08-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #1516
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdan2000 View Post
My buddy brought over a tap and I was able to clean out the threads and the fitting went right in. I have it all put back together. Not getting my hopes up at this point and time but everything looks good. Now to weld my leaky exhaust on my XJ.
Manifold? Or just leaky exhaust pipes? You got me thinking about having the stock exhaust mani welded, but i know cast iron is a ***** to weld and i dont know how much a pro would want/is it feasible.

--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #1517
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris--

Manifold? Or just leaky exhaust pipes? You got me thinking about having the stock exhaust mani welded, but i know cast iron is a ***** to weld and i dont know how much a pro would want/is it feasible.
My cast header is cracked too. I was contemplating trying to weld it, probably will just replace it anyway, or if it fails.
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #1518
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris--

Just where the muffler meets the cat. When I cut the old muffler off I did not leave myself much so I always had an exhaust leak. Well with my welding skills I still do. Lol

Any major welding I take to my friends house. He welds for a living so I know it is done right
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #1519
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can weld cast with nickel rods...... I've never tried.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #1520
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Leaving today, should be fun.

Im serious, cat 1 is nothing and it should stir up the beach to make for some great metal detecting. Yes i metal detect on beaches.
Unread 08-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #1521
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post

Im serious, cat 1 is nothing and it should stir up the beach to make for some great metal detecting. Yes i metal detect on beaches.
Do you wear black socks pulled up to your knees and sandals?
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #1522
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post

Where are you going? CAT 1 is nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdan2000 View Post
Do you wear black socks pulled up to your knees and sandals?
LOL.

I went back to the place I bought the tires from... local shop that I've not been terribly pleased with in the past. I told them the whole sad story of my balance issues. They attempted to balance the tires again, test drove it (which Discount never did on 4 different trips) and the wiggle was still there. They suggested a new steering stabilizer. I explained the finer points of a Jeep's steering and suspension. I should be able to run without one. Then the other guy suggested a dual stabilizer. I explained the same to him.

So since I have access to another set of wheels and tires, I'm going to throw them on, bring them down there to show there's nothing else odd in the suspension, then they're going to warranty the tires. 3 of the 4 were out of round laterally (side-to-side). They spun one up on the machine at a slow speed to show the issue. They may not be able warranty the single tire that's running true. If that's the case, then I might use it as a spare and get a different brand of tire.
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #1523
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We are heading to venice, its been years since I was in a hurricane. We are actually excited about it since it should be mild and its a 10 day trip so it won't wreck the whole trip.

I just passed a "cyclone full throttle" toy hauler jason, looked a lot like what u described....worth a shot.
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1524
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Triple axle 5th wheel? Yeah, those are way over the top and the garage area isn't big enough. 12 foot on the biggest one. I just looked up the price on a USED '12..... $60K!!!!

I took the Jeep back down to the tire place with some stockers on it. Dude drove its the same, nothing. Supposed to call me next week to arrange for some new tires.

NOW, I may not go back with the Mickeys.... When I bought them the Jeep saw more street miles than trails. The opposite is true now. I might look for a more aggressive tire. Thinking about the GY Duratracs or MTRs. Not sure yet. Or maybe it's a good time to bump up to 35". That would give me a little more side wall with my bigass 17" wheels. I think the 35s are C range, while the 33s are a D or E...
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #1525
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 08-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #1526
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

What do you have for bumpers on that?
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #1527
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I made them.
Unread 08-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #1528
JEEP_Nut1218
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Made the move from Walled Lake to Houghton!

In Gaylord for the night

Crossing Mackinaw

12 hours and a couple tanks of gas later...

The view from across the hall in my dorm

JEEP_Nut1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #1529
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP_Nut1218 View Post
Made the move from Walled Lake to Houghton!
That's huge! Good luck!

I've been working on this Cherokee bumper. Guy came over yesterday and I helped him replace his throttle body and removed the stock bumper. Good thing I did because there's some **** going on back there I didn't know about that will need to be relocated. (like an evap canister on one side, and a horn on both?)
Unread 08-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1530
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
That's huge! Good luck!

I've been working on this Cherokee bumper. Guy came over yesterday and I helped him replace his throttle body and removed the stock bumper. Good thing I did because there's some **** going on back there I didn't know about that will need to be relocated. (like an evap canister on one side, and a horn on both?)
yeah. when i changed out my stock bumper to my custom winch bumper i relocated my evap canister under the hood behind my ac motor. and for the horns on both side i pushed those up which was a bad idea because mud and sand plug those up. so i left my horn in stock location. cant even see them with my custom winch bumper. by the way guys i got my new dog he is a husky mix with german shepherd. he is a 8 weeks old puppy but hope he will be big when he is fully grown.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.