What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #1501
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have any secrets to replacing tranny cooler lines on a YJ? I have been trying to get the stupid fittings threaded for a couple hours now. I was able to get the fittings on w/o the lines in but than I couldn't get the lines to snap in the fittings. With the line on a can't get them started. I really don't want to drop the damn tranny just to get these lines on.

thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1502
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Never done lines on a YJ, so I don't know if there are any specific challenges. If the line flared with a fitting over it, I know it can be a pain to get in there (like on brake lines). Does the flare on the line match the port it's going into? Try pressing the line in straight, then hand tighten the fitting while holding the line, rather than trying to just thread the fitting with the line pushing away....
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #1503
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My best guess is the threads on the tranny side are stripped. Not sure how that happened. They put the holes on some stupid angles and than made the adapters flat and not self centering. I am done with this thing. I am turning it into a barbque grill. I am beyond tired of working on this.
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #1504
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderdan2000 View Post
My best guess is the threads on the tranny side are stripped. Not sure how that happened. They put the holes on some stupid angles and than made the adapters flat and not self centering. I am done with this thing. I am turning it into a barbque grill. I am beyond tired of working on this.

You know if you do that it will make the worst tasting steaks ever, it will always need to be repaired before using it, and it will use fuel as inefficiently as possible. It will still be a jeep.
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #1505
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But you said you could thread the fittings without the line...? Don't blow it up, you're almost there.
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1506
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I did yesterday. Today when I went out I took off the trans mount and was able to get the back on no problem. The front I got on and tried to get the line snapped in with no success. I tried to get at it with the line off and it will not catch no matter what I do. It bites for a second and than pops out. It seems unlikely that the trans end would strip out over the fitting itself but I am not sure what else it could be.
Unread 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #1507
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Mike -- Did you ever buy a house?? I remember you were looking...
going to be a while still thinking on getting a house next june. going to give my self 8-10 months for saving up for a house.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #1508
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I parked my tj today. Cracked my manifold recently. It's now broke.

But I started a new job, so in the end all is good.
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #1509
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
going to be a while still thinking on getting a house next june. going to give my self 8-10 months for saving up for a house.
Good plan Mike. Save as much as you can.

I ordered a Currie track bar bracket that's angled for when I rotate the pinion up. Supposedly shipped today. Debating on whether I need a MML or not. With my super duper short SYE, I can't imagine that I do, unless the tuck ends up nosing the engine down. Almost everyone else that I read about has a MML and/or BL, and I'll have neither.

I had a code in my truck for glow plug on cylinder 4. Much ****ing around to change it, but I got it done.
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #1510
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

One fiddy!

Unread 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #1511
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by --chris--
One fiddy!
Just broke in
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #1512
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just broken
Fixed it for you.
untitled.jpg  
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #1513
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Fixed it for you.

Best way to fix a check engine light on a jeep is to remove the bulb.
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #1514
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My buddy brought over a tap and I was able to clean out the threads and the fitting went right in. I have it all put back together. Not getting my hopes up at this point and time but everything looks good. Now to weld my leaky exhaust on my XJ.
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #1515
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Fixed it for you.
Hey i told ya i gave up on that. But lately ive been thinking i should do a leak down or compression test to see if it gives me any info. I dont mind rebuilding the head if it saves the bottom end.

Quote:

Best way to fix a check engine light on a jeep is to remove the bulb.
Thats to much work...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.