What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > What did you do to your xj/mj/tj/zj/wj/wk/lj/jk thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #136
beefcake3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
hey beefcake3 i'm in spring lake, whats you wrangler look like i might have seen you around
its doubtful for the 6 months iv had it its only been running for about two weeks of em

1102111509-2-.jpg  
beefcake3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #137
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

going wheeling tomorrow at st helen trails in westbranch area. anyone want to go? i am leaving home at 10:00am to get up there by 12:00pm on my way up going to fill the jeep up. i have one of my buddy going with his girlfriend with me and my girlfriend.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #138
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Got the front gears set. I probably could have had it done tomorrow, but I kept pissing with it. Ball joints, oil seals, final bearings and what-not go in next. Fighting a cold as well.

Go wheeling Mike?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #139
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Got the front gears set. I probably could have had it done tomorrow, but I kept pissing with it. Ball joints, oil seals, final bearings and what-not go in next. Fighting a cold as well.

Go wheeling Mike?
didnt do what i was planning on instead of st helens i went to the mounds orv park. still went wheeling.
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #140
JerseyJeeper
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake3

its doubtful for the 6 months iv had it its only been running for about two weeks of em
Ah I see, well if you see a green lifted zj running around that's me
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #141
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

today uploaded pics of wheeling at the mounds in my build thread. also drove the xj to family video and filled up the gas tank and tomorrow back to work.
Unread 01-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #142
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gears are all done. Ball joints and oil seals too. I need to touch up the paint, find a new axle shaft for the one I mangled, and install the new u-joints.
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #143
mattmc74
1999 WJ 

Got my rear upper control arm bushings in(Dorman) and the tri-link spacer installed. Also installed the new Ironrock offroad track bar. NO MORE BUMP STEER!!!
mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #144
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster74 View Post
Got my rear upper control arm bushings in(Dorman) and the tri-link spacer installed. Also installed the new Ironrock offroad track bar. NO MORE BUMP STEER!!!
nice how do you like the ironrock adjustable trackbar? i was thinking of buying it.
Unread 01-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #145
mattmc74
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
nice how do you like the ironrock adjustable trackbar? i was thinking of buying it.
I bought the fixed bar thats for the 3 to 4.5in's. So far I really like it. Had bad bump steer(not death wobble) on rutted roads and going over train tracks. Its all gone now after installing it! Super heavy duty unit, solid bar and the poly bushings seem to be nice as well. Time will tell to see if they last, but over all its a nice unit.
mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #146
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Not a major mod but I finally got the title put in my name! When i bought the jeep i figured id put it in my gf/wife to be's name. well ever since then its just been a constant argument over everything.

Calling Monday for insurance and whatnot!
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #147
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nothing exciting, but the results are good. Dropped it off at Stroebel Automotive/Ironman Offroad in Saginaw for a custom bend in the front track bar to clear the diff cover, and 4 new shocks. Two trips to discount tire for balancing. For the first time in a long time the ride feels good - controlled, smooth. Need to get it dirty to see if the new bend in track bar is enough to miss the front diff at full compression.
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #148
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
Need to get it dirty to see if the new bend in track bar is enough to miss the front diff at full compression.
Why not check the clearance in the garage, before hitting the trail?
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #149
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got my trusty BFH and moved my exaust out of the way from my front drive shaft.... Cash is tight so mods are minimal...

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #150
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason

Why not check the clearance in the garage, before hitting the trail?
Short of bolting something to the garage floor and using the winch to pull it down, simply jacking up the front axle won't test the range of motion fully enough. It takes the winch on the cradle and a pretty good series of "whoops" at modest speed to replicate, or a steep descent to transfer enough weight forward.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.