UP Michigan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > UP Michigan

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
no1likesme
1995 XJ Cherokee 

UP Michigan

Does anyone know any good places to go wheeling close to sault ste marie. If anyone knows anywhere to go or wants to organize a meet send me an email at no1likesme AT gmail DOT com.

Please note I only have a 3" lift on my cherokee

Ron

no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
jonzer12
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am in Sault Ontario, we have endless trails just north of us, great lakes four wheel drive association comes up here often enough.

You can head north of the sault and take mile 38 road east off highway 17. tons of trails up there,
also if you drive to searchmont and head down witman damn road there are tons of trails, all within 1 hour of you. Then of coarse you are only 90 mins from turtle ridge offroad park on Drummond Island.

If you want strictly U.P. information try www.glfwda.org and post on the forums there.
jonzer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
no1likesme
1995 XJ Cherokee 

thanks a lot I may have to check some of those out.
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
drummerwookie

my dad lives in Pardise Michigan, not far from the Soo, and there are tons of logging trails and things around his place. the branch off of every where and go to lakes and what not. most are very difficult, just fun wilderness trails

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
DJWehr
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Places to wheel in the Soo

I used to live in the Soo and would take my quad to huge sand pit right off the Gaines Highway in Kincheloe plenty big enough for a jeep though. Take I-75 South from the Soo to the Gaines Hwy, make a left, go over the bridge and it's about 1 1/2 on the right. No markers, just look for a sand trail into woods. It used to be a sand quarry but it's nothing now but a playground for off-roaders.
DJWehr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.