TRaverse City - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > TRaverse City

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
sdault
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow CDW I'm jealous! That's some nice property to wheel on.

Thanks for the better directions, hope to make it this summer.

I do wheel alone most of the time, but will turn around if it looks to hard going forward.

Once again thanks for the info.

sdault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #32
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDW_327 View Post

I've never had a problem with it and I've been I that area my whole life along with many others I know an I've passed many DNR trucks. There's so many trails that you can't make in a two wheel drive vehicle I guess I'll have to remove my Tcase and replace my front axle with a solid beam just so I don't do any thing illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I don't write the laws and I don't enforce them, I just help connect people with information. "I've never gotten in trouble doing it" is certainly not a legal defence, especially for some newb who is looking for reliable information before heading out the first time. The ORV handbook has good information, if you like reading MCL (yawn) those are available online too. There are also groups like GLFWDA with websites full of information WWW.GLFWDA.org
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #33
CDW_327
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100

I don't write the laws and I don't enforce them, I just help connect people with information. "I've never gotten in trouble doing it" is certainly not a legal defence, especially for some newb who is looking for reliable information before heading out the first time. The ORV handbook has good information, if you like reading MCL (yawn) those are available online too. There are also groups like GLFWDA with websites full of information WWW.GLFWDA.org
I know you don't, I was just saying I've never had any problems with what is apparently "illegal", but all the trails that I recommended are legal and in no way could you get In trouble for running them as long as you stay on trail. I grew up in that area and have been there my whole life, I'm not going to just stop wheeling the trails I love because someone says it could be illegal, if the time comes that I'm out wheeling and I am told to stop or get ticked by an officer or DNR person then I will have to go somewhere else but in the mean time I'm going to run the trails I know and love. Would I recommended anyone else to do that? No but from my experience, I'm not going to have a problem as long as I use common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #34
Chowski91
2003 TJ Wrangler 

How about we all just meet up and explore them in a group, they can't catch all of us
Chowski91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #35
66stingray
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Now that's what the off-road community needs is more people out breaking the law because most of you will get away with it. And by the way thanks for covering my back if we get caught..... where did you go bro?
66stingray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.