Trails Near Porcupine Mountains in UP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Trails Near Porcupine Mountains in UP

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
bobjp

Trails Near Porcupine Mountains in UP

I'm considering heading up to the Porcupine Mountains and Ottawa National Forrest for a long weekend. Are there any trails worth taking the Jeep for? Is it the same as 2-tracks and seasonal roads throughout Hiawatha National Forrest?

What are some must see/do things? I plan to go to the Sturgeon River Gorge and do some hiking at least.

Thanks

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
BRay

I'm from Upper Michigan. When do you plan on going or have you already gone?
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
bobjp

I'd probably go in early December. I'm undecided if that's where I'll go because it's about 9 hours away, and I've got limited time.

Do you know if there are decent trails up there?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.