Trails in LP Michigan? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Trails in LP Michigan?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 08-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
PlaySmart
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Trails in LP Michigan?

I really don't know where the trails are, I do know that there are a few in the UP, but one day I saw 2 wranglers with snorkles, and sounded like no exhaust, come ripping through Downtown Rochester covered in mud. They were heading south.

So my question is, are there any trails any where near Rochester, or let alone Oakland County?

Thank You

Unread 08-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know of none that are legal.....there is the mounds, silver lake and a couple others. I wish there were more close because I for one would also be there every weekend!

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
PlaySmart
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I think one day I'm just going to have to drive up Rochester road and see if I can find any hint as to what they were doing
Unread 08-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
Seanco
1978 CJ5 

I bought a trail guide today.not too much in there for us on the SE side of the LP.

books are available here:
Off Road Venture
Unread 08-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
jeepjunkie408
2000 XJ Cherokee 

!?!?! Come up here! Turtle ridge, Drummond Island!!?!?!

Get ur passports, some SICK places in Canada!

(nothern UP)

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/support-jeepforum-equipment-drive-963790/[/url] <-- help out JF by purchasing a membership for yourself or someone else!!! :D
jeepjunkie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
PlaySmart
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie408 View Post
!?!?! Come up here! Turtle ridge, Drummond Island!!?!?!

Get ur passports, some SICK places in Canada!

(nothern UP)
To be honest, I was planning on going to Canada, I'm afraid I'm not going to make it up there for a few years tho
Unread 08-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
jeepjunkie408
2000 XJ Cherokee 

well, yeah, I think im in the same boat, it'll be a few years before I have the $ to go in my own rig... stock at the moment.. hehe

lol, leemme know when ya go : P

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/support-jeepforum-equipment-drive-963790/[/url] <-- help out JF by purchasing a membership for yourself or someone else!!! :D
jeepjunkie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
PlaySmart
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie408 View Post
well, yeah, I think im in the same boat, it'll be a few years before I have the $ to go in my own rig... stock at the moment.. hehe

lol, leemme know when ya go : P
Will do, gonna be a while since I go to tho, few months maybe =/
Unread 08-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
rammanriley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaySmart View Post
I really don't know where the trails are, I do know that there are a few in the UP, but one day I saw 2 wranglers with snorkles, and sounded like no exhaust, come ripping through Downtown Rochester covered in mud. They were heading south.

So my question is, are there any trails any where near Rochester, or let alone Oakland County?

Thank You
To answer your ? there are none that are legal but i have a good idea of where they were coming from. was one a black tj and the other a ten tj?
CHRISTIAN JEEP member #117 REDNECK JEEP CLUB Member # 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Random View Post
I'm glad I only have the 2.5, not enough torque to tear anything...
rammanriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #10
PlaySmart
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammanriley View Post
To answer your ? there are none that are legal but i have a good idea of where they were coming from. was one a black tj and the other a ten tj?

Honestly, I couldn't tell if it was black, as they were both completely covered in mud lol. But ya they were TJ's I'm 99% sure of that, where were they coming from?
Unread 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
ronprice

Come see me at Rocks and Valleys . I will have my Rangers show you around and insure tht you have a GREAT wheeling adventure.
Rocks and Valleys - Welcome
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
01TJfuntime
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There is nothing legal in that area. Closest legit wheeling around you is the mounds ORV park up in flint. Google it if your not familiar.

Its likely those TJs were coming from an old dump located on the south side of Hamlin in between Dequinder and Ryan.

Earlier this summer I was passing by the entrance and noticed an XJ and ZJ playing in some mud right off Hamlin. There was a kid leaving a gated section of the property in a tan 2500 so I stopped and asked him about it. The story I got was it was his families property and they did not care if you wheel there. So I cruised in, explored for a while and left after and hour. There were more people wheeling quads and dirt bikes, I saw two full sized fords, hell there were even half a dozen people fishing back there. I talked to a guy riding a green yamaha quad...he claimed he was the land owner and did not care about people wheeling as long as they stay respectful and dont do anything stupid.

Two weeks later I took my cousin back there. As we were at the trail entrance a semi stopped on Hamlin and the driver got out and headed towards us. I assume he was an employee of the company that owns the property. He explained they were having problems with people vandalizing the equipment and dumping back there so he wanted us to leave. He made it clear that if we come back he would call the cops. So, yeah, we left and WONT go back per the truck drivers wishes.

Bottom line is that place is illegal. It sucks that there's no where around us to wheel. The mounds is good, silver lake is awesome and there's two new parks, one in SE Michigan by Jackson (bundy hill...I think) and Rocks and Valleys up north. You also have tons of two tracks north of West Branch. So we have options but they are all at least a tank of gas away.
01TJfuntime is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.