tires and dunes - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > tires and dunes

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #16
XJREWSTER
2000 XJ Cherokee 

your street tires will be fine, i had my MT's down to about 8 psi and they still dug in, the guys running street tires were doing better than me

you can get the ORV and the other sticker right at the entrance and on weekends you need a voutcher that place is right up the street

Unread 08-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #17
08rubi
2009 JK Wrangler 

well i am going up on sunday for the day with my dad and maybe brothers so i am excited about taking the jeep
08rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #18
JeepShaun84
2012 KK Liberty 

Xj

you will be fine with the tires you have.. the mac woods dune rides use airplane tires (bald like slicks) and actually the less tread the better because you dont dig in. i have been there every year many times since i was 16, all you need is state park sticker ($6 bucks for a daily) an orv sticker ($16.25 for a yearly) a rectangle orange flag at least 10 feet off the ground on the front of your jeep, and gas. You will not have to sign any waivers or anything. keep your tires closer to 10psi and you will go anywhere. Also like everyone else said stay out of the water holes, they will swallow your jeep whole, I have seen it many times.

BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!!!
ITS A BLAST UP THERE I JUST WAS THERE FRIDAY NIGHT WITH MINE.
Unread 08-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
08rubi
2009 JK Wrangler 

well it was awsome i went up sunday rode with my dad and brothers and then back up monday with my mom but they stayed at the beach all day while i rode and i had to pull out a ford bronco
Unread 08-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #20
jeepjunkie408
2000 XJ Cherokee 

that is awesome... Im going down Aug. 29-30, im all worried in my little stock cherokee... : ( but I am really excited, this will be my first "real off road experience" lol. i must sound like such a geeky newbie... : ) oh well.

Can't wait!
jeepjunkie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #21
JeepShaun84
2012 KK Liberty 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjunkie408 View Post
that is awesome... Im going down Aug. 29-30, im all worried in my little stock cherokee... : ( but I am really excited, this will be my first "real off road experience" lol. i must sound like such a geeky newbie... : ) oh well.

Can't wait!

Your stock cherokee will do just fine. although it is more fun in a lifted cherokee (I have about 5 to 5.5 inches of lift and 31s) but you can still go anywhere with the stock cherokee, its all about tire pressure
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:52 AM   #22
08rubi
2009 JK Wrangler 

ya there were tons of stock jeeps out there i ran 15 psi in my tires because my parents were worried the tires would get off the rim

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.