Snow Wheeling in the central UP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Snow Wheeling in the central UP

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
jpineau
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Snow Wheeling in the central UP

Hello all. I'm in the process of building my first off road Jeep. So I want to get out and use it before spring. Does any know of any trails / roads that aren't set aside for snowmobiles?

jpineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
bobjp

This is the website you want:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...8330--,00.html

Clicking on the dots will bring up a trail map that states whether it's open to Jeeps. Other than that, you can find seasonal roads in the national or state forests. I have done many of the of the seasonal roads in Hiawatha. They're tame so snow makes them more interesting. I recommend going to the Keweenaw where there are more hills and scenery.
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
jpineau
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp
This is the website you want:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...8330--,00.html

Clicking on the dots will bring up a trail map that states whether it's open to Jeeps. Other than that, you can find seasonal roads in the national or state forests. I have done many of the of the seasonal roads in Hiawatha. They're tame so snow makes them more interesting. I recommend going to the Keweenaw where there are more hills and scenery.
Thanks
jpineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
BRay

Try north of the Newberry area. There are many roads and routes that are not plowed over the winter which makes for some good challenging driving. Plenty of lake effect snow when the lake effect snow machine kicks in. Not much snow this year.
BRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
MTNGIRL1
1998 ZJ 

There are numerous logging roads in Marquette, Baraga, Dickinson and my fav is Iron Co. Dont leave home unprepared!! No cell recept under the canopies. Check out Alger county south of Munising absolutley beautiful in the fall with the Hardwoods in color. That's closer to ya.
MTNGIRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.