Single woman needs man's help getting Jeep ready for silver lake :-) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Single woman needs man's help getting Jeep ready for silver lake :-)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #16
michjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

15 psi http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-...g/sand_dri.htm

michjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #17
jeepgirl24

Thank you sir!
jeepgirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #18
michjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Your welcome lil lady!
michjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #19
jpchurch34
2012 JK Wrangler 

post how it goes. I am new jeep owner too, and eager to try Silver Lake. at Higgins Lake now, been to some novice tame areas around here and Houghton Lake.
jpchurch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #20
sdault
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hope I'm not to late to reply. Front tires 10 - 12 psi, rear 10 psi. The store on the same side as park entrance sells everything you need to mount a flag to your tow point on front bumper. I'm sure those young men at the store would be willing to help mount it. Also remember to turn off the ESP completely, not just the quick press of the button. Hold it in while in park until odometer says ESP OFF. Have fun and try different gears till you find what works for you, you should be able to climb all the hills with little problems.
sdault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
jpchurch34
2012 JK Wrangler 

very cool. thanks.
jpchurch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #22
phittie1100
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl24
Hey boys - Need your help....I want to take my 2011 Wrangler to silver lake this weekend....I have the rec passport, but i need an ORV sticker (where can I buy this?) and where can I get a dune flag and how do I mount it?? Please help Thank you!
Pics of Jeep at the dunes? Good trip?
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #23
sgenoves
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm planning a day at Silver Lake in a few months. I'd like to get/install the passport/sticker/flag prior to my arrival.

I know I can get the ORV sticker online. The non-resident passport offered online is for 1 year. Can I buy one good for less than a year? I didn't see that offered online.

What about the flag and mount? If I'm installing ahead of time does it make still sense to buy from Apple Tree/David Allen or go somewhere else online? I want a 2 piece flag.

Thanks!
sgenoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #24
johnxjeep
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl24 View Post

Very nice!!
johnxjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
sdault
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgenoves View Post
I'm planning a day at Silver Lake in a few months. I'd like to get/install the passport/sticker/flag prior to my arrival.

I know I can get the ORV sticker online. The non-resident passport offered online is for 1 year. Can I buy one good for less than a year? I didn't see that offered online.
Cost: $10 resident, $5 motorcycle resident, $29 non-resident annual ($8 non-resident daily pass). Non-residents are the only one that can get a daily pass and can be bought at the gate only.

Quote:
What about the flag and mount? If I'm installing ahead of time does it make still sense to buy from Apple Tree/David Allen or go somewhere else online? I want a 2 piece flag.

Thanks!
The mount they sell up there is easy to make. It's just a 1/4 inch pieces of steel 1 1/2 by 9 with a 9/16 (estimate) inch hole at one end. The other end has to holes spaced to allow you to use a muffler clamp to mount toe front hook. Don't know how they size clamps, the one I have is 1 3/4 center to center on the threaded part. Both my 2 piece and 1 piece flags are 9' 3" long and clear the test bar. There is a gas station/store at the roundabout that sell 2 piece for 23+ tax.
sdault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
Shoelessboi
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgenoves

Thanks!
I bought my 2 piece 8 foot flag off a website. Was kinda costy but it stays on my jeep year round. And it is just fine.
1991 Jeep Yj. 4cyl. 33x13.50x15 TSL Thornbirds, Super Wader Snorkel, 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Uniden Pro520xl Cb, 1000W Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P2 Sub.
Shoelessboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #27
sgenoves
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to all for the replies, I'm looking forward to my trip!
sgenoves is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.