So for future use...
- you need 3 pieces of paper to get into the place. A Michigain ORV sticker, daily or yearly Pass, and a Voucher.
- you can get these 3 things at a few different places. the voucher must be bought at the Voucher center,
- THERE ARE NO SIGNS helping you to get to the voucher place. It is 1/2 mile EAST of the dunes entrance.
- to get to the DUNES ENTRANCE you need to go straight when the road turns south at the gas station and the "Sands" restaraunt. If you make it to "Sun Chasers" you have gone too far.
- Shortly after you go straight past the gas station/restaraunt the road will take a sharp right (north) and you will drive along side of silver lake.
- air down your tires in the 15min parking or in the lot if you got a spot. Website recommends 12psi, it rained hard the day before we went so we aired down to 18psi and had no problems. If you are beadlocked you may want to go lower.
- there is a place to air up your tires immediately after exiting the park, for free. Bright orange hoses were easy to spot.
- when you first enter the dunes, "test hill" is on your left. It's a good place to sit and watch and is pretty entertaining.
- watch out for atv's they can be very annoying.
- its all sand.
- have fun!!!!
- you can get your 10' flag installed at many of the shops along the main drag.