JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/)
-   -   SE Michigan Jeepers (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/se-michigan-jeepers-1417533/)

cam0143 09-15-2012 07:30 PM

SE Michigan Jeepers

Hey everyone, I just wanted to start this thread to hopefully find some local jeepers I could meet up with a plan some wheeling trips! I see lifted jeeps all the time at school and while driving around (I commute to Oakland University and live in Sterling Heights) but since everyone commutes to school or I only pass them on the road, I never meet anyone.

Hopefully this thread will come alive enough to possibly start our own off road club. That would be pretty sweet!

flh03 09-17-2012 11:29 AM

Try this link. They are in your area.

http://orj4x4.com/

cam0143 09-18-2012 02:13 PM

Thanks man I'll check it out!

DutchXJ 09-19-2012 08:34 AM

I live right near Oakland U and drive by it all the time. Blue and black lifted 97 Cherokee. What are you driving?

cam0143 09-19-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchXJ
I live right near Oakland U and drive by it all the time. Blue and black lifted 97 Cherokee. What are you driving?

99 black tj, 2 inch pucks rolling in 33x12.5x15. Smitty tubes all the way around. Black hard top.

DutchXJ 09-19-2012 10:17 AM

Very nice. I'll keep an eye out for it

DutchXJ 09-19-2012 10:18 AM

I'd be down for a club if we can get some ppl together

cam0143 09-19-2012 11:00 AM

I really want to make up some fliers or something for this page and put them on vehicles that appear "off road worthy" (including stockers) so we can get a lot of the local people active on this thread, ultimately making it more fun and easier to start something up, as well as plan trips. Any other suggestions?

cam0143 09-19-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam0143
I really want to make up some fliers or something for this page and put them on vehicles that appear "off road worthy" (including stockers) so we can get a lot of the local people active on this thread, ultimately making it more fun and easier to start something up, as well as plan trips. Any other suggestions?

Oh and probably start a facebook page too or something.

DutchXJ 09-19-2012 02:29 PM

Sounds good, i guess start thinking of some club names then well start a club on this forum and a Facebook page and then maybe hook up some small business cards with all the info to put on some worthy vehicles. I'll check out another jeep forum to see if there's anybody else out there looking to do the same

cam0143 09-19-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchXJ
Sounds good, i guess start thinking of some club names then well start a club on this forum and a Facebook page and then maybe hook up some small business cards with all the info to put on some worthy vehicles. I'll check out another jeep forum to see if there's anybody else out there looking to do the same

Sweet thanks! I already know there are two local clubs (in SE Michigan) but I was thinking something a little more "college age based" I guess just a group younger than most well established ones already.

phittie1100 09-19-2012 04:23 PM

Let me know if I can help. The Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association has some tools available (sample bylaws, access to a server to host a web forum, etc) and as a founding member of our local club, some personal experience as well.

cam0143 09-19-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phittie1100
Let me know if I can help. The Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association has some tools available (sample bylaws, access to a server to host a web forum, etc) and as a founding member of our local club, some personal experience as well.

Thanks man! I'll be in contact with your for sure if this takes off like I hope it will :) I appreciate it!

CDW_327 09-21-2012 05:44 PM

I live in commerce about 25 min from OU. I'm 19, and wheel a 93 Yj. I know a lot of local spots that are actually on the harder side of mild, not illegal either to the best of my knowledge, check my Yj build thread to see pics and vids of some local wheeling, there's some of the traverse city area too in there. I'd be down for a club, as long as we keep the mounds trips to a minimum, I hate mud haha.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

cam0143 09-21-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDW_327
I live in commerce about 25 min from OU. I'm 19, and wheel a 93 Yj. I know a lot of local spots that are actually on the harder side of mild, not illegal either to the best of my knowledge, check my Yj build thread to see pics and vids of some local wheeling, there's some of the traverse city area too in there. I'd be down for a club, as long as we keep the mounds trips to a minimum, I hate mud haha.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Awesome man! Pm me your phone number and maybe we can hook up some time so you can show me these spots. I know of one at 21? And Fairchild. I've been there a few times

The time now is 06:18 PM.