Saginaw area anyone? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Saginaw area anyone?

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 10-30-2011, 05:19 AM   #61
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmaster74 View Post
Wish I could make the trip but I think that my transmisson would blow out on me. And I have a few more things that I need to get fixed before I take it out. Damn I need more money!!!!!
haha I know the feeling. My brakes failed on Friday and now I have a death wobble. It used to be just in 5th gear... then it moved to 3rd and now the shake is in all of them my tranny went last sping.. got it fixed and then the motor went... fixed that and now everything else seems to be going wrong im going a little nutty trying to keep up with the repairs!

Dear Karma, I have a list of people you missed...
hollybygolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #62
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i am back to work now. so i think if i can get a saturday off in november i can plan for a wheeling trip.
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #63
CjSchan
1979 CJ7 

I'm working every Sat. until around March. My current schedule leaves me with Sundays and Mondays off.
CjSchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #64
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well guys... I don't think I can go I finally got the nerve to get a divorce and now I have no one to wrench on my ol betty. I'm not sure why she's vibrating the way she is but im afraid to take her wheeling in that condition... I don't want to get up there and be up poo creek with a leaky boat and no paddle. Next time though!

Unread 11-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #65
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybygolly View Post
Well guys... I don't think I can go I finally got the nerve to get a divorce and now I have no one to wrench on my ol betty. I'm not sure why she's vibrating the way she is but im afraid to take her wheeling in that condition... I don't want to get up there and be up poo creek with a leaky boat and no paddle. Next time though!
Holly, you must be new to the sport - otherwise you would recognize that wrench fests are as important in our sport as gasoline. I probably spend as much time wrenching with my wheeling friends as I do wheeling with them. Pick a date, let folks know what you need, schedule a pizza delivery and buy some beer. Oh and have the closest auto parts store on speed dial. If the changes in your personal life leave you without a garage, let people know that you need to borrow a garage too. My body lift cost me 3 large pizzas and a case of beer for labor
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #66
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
Holly, you must be new to the sport - otherwise you would recognize that wrench fests are as important in our sport as gasoline. I probably spend as much time wrenching with my wheeling friends as I do wheeling with them. Pick a date, let folks know what you need, schedule a pizza delivery and buy some beer. Oh and have the closest auto parts store on speed dial. If the changes in your personal life leave you without a garage, let people know that you need to borrow a garage too. My body lift cost me 3 large pizzas and a case of beer for labor
I am new to this forum but on a motorcycle forum I am on they have tech sessions a couple times a year. I gets people together from an area, they work on projects together, help people who may not have the full knowledge of repair. Might not be a bad idea.
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #67
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it left me without a garage. I pretty much walked away with the clothes on my back. I think I got the short end of the deal but I don't want to fight anymore.

Phitti that's a wonderful idea. As soon as I can gather up some cash I may try that... without the pizza lol I'm one hell of a cook lots n lots of beer and jag though!

Unread 11-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #68
CjSchan
1979 CJ7 

Sorry to hear about your situation. If it makes you feel any better, know your ex is thinking he got the short end of the stick too. If he got the garage then he got the payment along with it! The only ones that ever come out ahead in divorce are the lawyers.

I would offer up my garage but I don't have one either...I work in the outdoors, but my driveway is open if you need it.
CjSchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #69
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a heated garage. Auto parts stores are close as well. If needed. Unless you have a lift than it won't fit
Unread 11-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #70
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well Holly I hope your happier now

About the vibration, when I first got my jeep it did the same exact thing. If you looked at my entire build about a month ago I found that one of the sway bar brackets was broke and after I fixed it all vibration was gone aside from my tires not being balanced. You can also you sway bar links to see what kind of shape thoughs are in. Let me know if you find anything.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #71
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Y'all are sweet ill let you guys know if I'm ever stumped and need a helping hand.

Things will look up eventually. I think I'm happier now... I think. He was a jerk to me no matter what I did and the crap face cheated on me with multiple women while I was fighting cancer (who the heck does that?!?!). The straw that finally broke my back was last Friday when my brakes went out (I asked him for 3 months to inspect them). Before anyone gives me a ration of poo about not inspecting them myself... I work 70+ hours a week and he isn't working at all... I see no reason why he couldn't do maintenance work on it.

I no longer want to go buck wild on mods for my betty. In another 6-8 months ill have enough cash saved up to get myself a pretty 4 door JK. But, I definitely want to repair any and all problems with my YJ. Ashland- I will have that checked out this weekend... thanks for the tip! btw... I really enjoy your build thread! The video was nice too!

Unread 11-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #72
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybygolly View Post
Y'all are sweet ill let you guys know if I'm ever stumped and need a helping hand.

Things will look up eventually. I think I'm happier now... I think. He was a jerk to me no matter what I did and the crap face cheated on me with multiple women while I was fighting cancer (who the heck does that?!?!). The straw that finally broke my back was last Friday when my brakes went out (I asked him for 3 months to inspect them). Before anyone gives me a ration of poo about not inspecting them myself... I work 70+ hours a week and he isn't working at all... I see no reason why he couldn't do maintenance work on it.

I no longer want to go buck wild on mods for my betty. In another 6-8 months ill have enough cash saved up to get myself a pretty 4 door JK. But, I definitely want to repair any and all problems with my YJ. Ashland- I will have that checked out this weekend... thanks for the tip! btw... I really enjoy your build thread! The video was nice too!
Thank you very much hollybygolly!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #73
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

anybody got plans for novembers besides thanks giving? hoping snow falls soon so i can go take my xj snow wheeling
4.5" Rough Country x series lift kit/ lifted xj 31x10.50 15x8 4"backspacing cragar rims/ trimmed front rear fenders/custom swaybar quick disconnects/custom winch bumper w/ warn winch/custom roof rack/ lights mounted.
my build thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-jeep-build-xj-1156115/index3.html
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #74
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh I love driving in the snow I heard this winter we are going to get lots n lots of it! Imo if its going to be cold I want a foot of snow at a time.

Unread 11-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #75
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Snow is the only time I can get my wife to ride in my Beast.

Hunting next week. That's all I do in Nov

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.