Saginaw area anyone? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Saginaw area anyone?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #46
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

well back to work for me going back to nexteer automotive and excited since i been laid off for 6 weeks. looking to get some wheeling in november. if any one planning on going in november it be awesome to get a group to go wheeling with.

JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:38 PM   #47
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

WooHoo!!! Great thred Holly! I thought I was all along in this durty town! If anyone else is a new jeep owner around here hit me up!
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:10 AM   #48
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear your back to work Mike! Work is picking up around the state, Dow/Kokam battery plant, Rouge, Zug, Sterling Heights Assembly.. just to name a few. One of these weeks I'd really like to work less than 70hrs. If work ever slows down I would love to go wheeling next month I've never really done more than light 2 tracking on state land. So, someone would need to practically hold my hand so I don't trash my daily driver lol.

ashland, yes, its nice to know we are not alone lol there used to be a pretty nice mud bog just up the road from my house in St. Charles. But some old bat took the property owner to court and got it shut down I am unsure how that ol bat managed it... to my knowledge there aren't any type of noise ordinances around these parts. I suppose I can see where she was coming from though. It DID draw a pretty massive crowd on Saturdays... I'm about a mile away and I could hear it every now and again.
hollybygolly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #49
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXJMike20 View Post
well back to work for me going back to nexteer automotive and excited since i been laid off for 6 weeks. looking to get some wheeling in november. if any one planning on going in november it be awesome to get a group to go wheeling with.
Congrats!! I am starting back to work on Wednesday after about 2 years. Not what I want to be doing but heck, work is work.
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #50
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks everyone but, i got let down i was sent home after 2 hours of work and laid off for another 2 weeks or a month. i guess more time for me at home. any ways if anyone want to plan a trip in november i can probley go wheeling.
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #51
CjSchan
1979 CJ7 

If November works and we get a decent size group, I could talk to the manager of Rocks and Valleys and see if they would open the park on a normally closed Sunday. If I'm not mistaken he mentioned needing at least 8 rigs to open the park. If not, we could also make one of the weekends they are open.
CjSchan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #52
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

cjschan-

if I can get all the required stuff for my jeep & the time off of work I will definitely go honestly, I think all I need is one of those orange flags.
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #53
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah that would be awesome if so i am diffently in.
Unread 10-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #54
CjSchan
1979 CJ7 

They are open 1 weekend every month through the winter for everyone. We might need to shoot for one of those weekends so we don't have to worry about having 8 vehicles.
Here is a link to the park's website, please look it over. Pay close attention to the rules, they have the minimum reqs listed there to prepare your vehicle.
http://www.rocksandvalleys.com/about.html
CjSchan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #55
ZJAndy
2002 WJ 

Hey guys. Flint - town here :-)

Nice to see other people from MI on jeep forum. I would be down for a November trip, and could probably wrestle a friend into bringing his rig out. thunderdan2000, where in flint are you and what does your rig look like?
Unread 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #56
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

alright this be really neat to get alot of rigs going wheeling. it really is nice to see other jeep forum members from michigan.
Unread 10-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #57
thunderdan2000
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJAndy View Post
Hey guys. Flint - town here :-)

Nice to see other people from MI on jeep forum. I would be down for a November trip, and could probably wrestle a friend into bringing his rig out. thunderdan2000, where in flint are you and what does your rig look like?
I live in the township. I have a pretty stock, white cherokee, with front passenger damage.
thunderdan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:26 AM   #58
hollybygolly
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have a weekend in mind? I just looked at the calendar and the weekend of the 19th & 20th is pretty much opening weekend for rifle season (i don't care but I'm sure some of you are hunters) and the following weekend is thanksgiving weekend (again, I don't care but I'm sure some of y'all do family stuff that weekend). Let me know what weekend you guys are shooting for and ill see if I can make it....
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #59
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

going up to st helen trails again in west branch tomorrow, i figure i got to take my cousin to get his kids figure i go wheeling since its 10 minutes away.

and diffently let set up a weekend in november to go wheeling.

anyone here on this forum voted on this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...month-1281062/

i am in the contest this month we need more votes
Unread 10-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #60
mattmc74
1999 WJ 

Wish I could make the trip but I think that my transmisson would blow out on me. And I have a few more things that I need to get fixed before I take it out. Damn I need more money!!!!!
mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.