Rocks and Valleys Off Road Park - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Rocks and Valleys Off Road Park

Old Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble Fairleads

Unread 05-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Rocks and Valleys Off Road Park

I attended the grand opening of the newest off-road park in Michigan this weekend. Located near Harrison, Michigan about 2.5 hours north west of Detroit and easily reached by major roads. It was a blast and a very pleasant surprise to find a very well planned facility with a lot of trails and obstacles with a high degree of difficulty as well as interesting trail riding with adequate "Play Areas" and enough mud pits for even the aggressive mudders.
There was a great parking area with plenty of room for trailers and set-up areas as well as a decent camping area. We were with about 12 experienced Jeepers and found the trails to be very good. There are several rugged rock and boulder pits that will challenge even the most aggressive machines and drivers. There were also a lot of family groups enjoying the park on Saturday and the crowd was very impressed with the place. I would recommend giving the Park a try if you live in the Great Lakes area since good legal wheeling is scarce. It looks like there are opportunities to expand the operation in the future if the use and demand warrants. They do have a new website: rocksandvalleys.com

jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Two small pics added: Shot of my YJ in obstacle on the "Frame Bender" trail.

jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
ronprice

Thanks for coming to the park. I am the builder and have many plans for the parks future. I have put in a new trail that is all of 30 minutes long. This park is on the way to being a premiere off road destination.
Unread 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
nwiTJdave

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
ronprice

Park is a huge hit. The best rock crawls in the state. Great long challenging trails that can give you a pucker factor of 100. The new Python trail is collecting parts and glass fast. Come see us for great wheeling.
Unread 06-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
Ohiodish
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its great to see a park opening and growing. All you ever here anymore is parks closing. I just read Telico is shut down, and that sucks. If I ever get time for a short trip I would love to check out the park you built up north. (Go Buckeyes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronprice View Post
Park is a huge hit. The best rock crawls in the state. Great long challenging trails that can give you a pucker factor of 100. The new Python trail is collecting parts and glass fast. Come see us for great wheeling.
Ohiodish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
ronprice

Park doing well and plan to upgrade the camping in the works.
Unread 07-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
paulzwieg

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do you recommend any good camping? Perfer to be able to have a few drinks at the end of the day. I'm putting together a place to wheel in august, may want to check it out.
www.wohva.com
paulzwieg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
ronprice

We have rustic camping on site and our web page has links to other placees close by

We also just hosted the 2009 Ultimate Adventure .It was a great 2/12 days of spending time with some Great people
Unread 07-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
luckygirl09

Rocks & Valley Off Road Park

We visited the Park this last weekend. Had a blast! The mud had dried up some but still had a great time.

Recommend trying out the park. Can't wait to go back and play some more.
luckygirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
SteelMastiff

I have been to R&V, and had a great time... I spent 8 hours there and never ran out of things to do. Great park, I can't wait to get back up there again soon...
Unread 07-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
ronprice

Thanks for coming. Look me up and say Hi when you come again / I'm almost always there/
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #13
cruizer55
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was there 7/25,7/26/09 for the first time. It is a Great park! I will return.
This park has a wide variety of terrain. Long steep hills, long twisty tight trails, Huge rocks, gravel pit, Mud, and many obstacles. This park is mostly wooded with large trees with a few scramble areas. It rained all weekend but the trails were still busy. Park rangers were friendly and having fun wheeling also. My favorite trail was the Python, Tight and twisty off camber adventure, I have not done them all yet. My front axle sucumbed to the hill known as the "undertaker", which is comprised of tires removed from an earthmover or something similar.
Met a friendly group from Cooters off road in Midland, and had a blast!

Cant wait to return.
cruizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
ronprice

Thanks for coming and see you again soon.
Unread 10-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
ronprice

Park winter days.
Oct.17th-18th
Nov. 7th
Then the first weekend of each month till march.
March - reg weeknd hours weather depending.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.