ORV sticker question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > ORV sticker question

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Sovereign08
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Question ORV sticker question

I'm new to the off road scene, and I have a few questions about ORV stickers. Do you need one to go on like two tracks in state land? I'm taking a trip up to Alpena and I'm going through Huron Natl forest and wanted to explore the trails through there a bit. Do I need to get an ORV sticker to legally do that?

http://www.facebook.com/BringTyHome
Sovereign08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

If your going on any trial that is not a fire lane, 2 wheel drive vehicle access, or designated a "road" then you will need an ORV sticker. This is what the DNR told me when I asked in April.

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

For the $16.50, better safe than sorry.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
panathinaikos55
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJeffW View Post
If your going on any trial that is not a fire lane, 2 wheel drive vehicle access, or designated a "road" then you will need an ORV sticker. This is what the DNR told me when I asked in April.
I think just about everything in the Huron National Forest is marked as a "road." I went through there last year and remember seeing signs at every corner. However, I agree that for $17 you're better safe than sorry.
panathinaikos55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
ScottyJ98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is from the Michigan orv hand book-

ORV License

The DNR issues licenses for all ORVs on an annual basis. The annual fee for an ORV license is $16.25.
Licenses are valid from April 1 through March 31 of the following year, regardless of the date of purchase.
Vehicles that are licensed under the Motor Vehicle Code as "street vehicles" require an ORV license only when they are being used as an ORV. A street-licensed ORV does not need an ORV license to use forest roads, but it will need an ORV license if it is used on designated trails or in areas designated for cross-country use.
An ORV license is not required for street-licensed vehicles used on the frozen surface of public waters or designated ORV routes.
Private land owners, owners' family members, and their invited guests are not required to license ORVs that are operated exclusively on the owners' private property.
Licensing is required of ORVs used in areas open to public operations, regardless of whether the ORV is owned by a resident or nonresident of Michigan.

I always buy the sticker every year just incase i plan to hit a trail one of the many times I'm up north.
ScottyJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.