Offroad shop/store suggestions Grayling area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Offroad shop/store suggestions Grayling area

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
BRidgeSledder

Offroad shop/store suggestions Grayling area

I just got a cabin in the Grayling area and have been looking online with no luck locationg a off road shop. I dont take my jeep home it stays up here and I dont have a shop up here so I am looking for a good reliable shop. Also want someone that know what they are talking about because I am looking at lifts, bumpers and winches and dont want to get the shaft.
Thanks
Josh

BRidgeSledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What exactly are you planning on having done at an offroad shop?
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
BRidgeSledder

The more possibilities the better. I can do bolt on stuff but if I'm busy and want something done I would pay for it. Just looking for a place to buy parts and get advice. I can just buy online but I like to do business localy if there is a shop. So say I break something and have a busy week but want to wheel next weekend. I can drop it off and pick it up at the end of the week.
Thanks
BRidgeSledder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

As for parts, BDS and Zone are local. You can get your lift from them. JCR is another local shop, you can find your bumpers there. Neither of them install anything though. JCR might.
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
As for parts, BDS and Zone are local. You can get your lift from them. JCR is another local shop, you can find your bumpers there. Neither of them install anything though. JCR might.
None of those are anywhere near grayling....
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #6
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79 View Post
None of those are anywhere near grayling....
Yeah yeah, but I honestly don't know of any offroad shops up that way, I have a place in Houghton Lake, but I have never seen a shop up there. Wouldn't the closest one be in Fenton?
Unread 04-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
Yeah yeah, but I honestly don't know of any offroad shops up that way, I have a place in Houghton Lake, but I have never seen a shop up there. Wouldn't the closest one be in Fenton?
I think so. I've been searching and I'm not finding anything offroad specific up that way...
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There is a 4x4 shop in Traverse City or Petoskey. Can't remember off hand.

Some of us are close to Grayliing. I go to Gaylord twice a week and could bring it back to Mackinaw and work on it, then deliver it back to you in Gaylord.
When do you want the lift and other parts installed?
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.