Northern Michiganer's with Duratrac's??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Northern Michiganer's with Duratrac's???

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
HeavyArms
2004 WJ 

Northern Michiganer's with Duratrac's???

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone else has Goodyear duratracs?

Ive read countless threads but no one has really said what i need to hear! My zj is my dd and im currently running an old style mtr's in a flavor of 33x12.5

well we all know what michigan winters are like expecially with mt's.

so im just wondering if anyone has duratracs and has survived winter with them! im more worried about ice then anything.

any input would help!

thanks!

Unread 04-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Mooseknuckles
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't actually bought my set yet... but I am a tire salesman, and I've heard nothing but great things from all my customers this winter and spring. I've still been selling more BFG A/T's overall, but the DuraTrac has a growing following. I'll be installing a set on my own Jeep this summer if all goes well.
Mooseknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
ogie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseknuckles View Post
I haven't actually bought my set yet... but I am a tire salesman, and I've heard nothing but great things from all my customers this winter and spring. I've still been selling more BFG A/T's overall, but the DuraTrac has a growing following. I'll be installing a set on my own Jeep this summer if all goes well.
What size would you recommend for a WK? I'm looking at getting a set when I get a 2" budget lift (Going to get the OME HD kit when I have enough cash) and I wanted to get a good size of them that is going to look good on both lifts. I believe the HD is about 3.5".
ogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
Roshambo88
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I personally have the Duratracs in 33x12.5's and i am coming from MT's. I heard all the good things about the Duratrac before i bought them. I am a believer now. I would recomend them to anyone coming from MT's. Especially if it is your daily driver and a part time wheeler. They were alot better in the snow than my MT's. All the siping does wonders. Also they are pretty quiet on the highway. Just took my TJ to the Jeep Blessing and they were very tolerable on the highway. 400 miles round trip. I say get them...you won't regret it.
Khaki Jeep Club Member #1
Roshambo88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
ogie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshambo88 View Post
I personally have the Duratracs in 33x12.5's and i am coming from MT's. I heard all the good things about the Duratrac before i bought them. I am a believer now. I would recomend them to anyone coming from MT's. Especially if it is your daily driver and a part time wheeler. They were alot better in the snow than my MT's. All the siping does wonders. Also they are pretty quiet on the highway. Just took my TJ to the Jeep Blessing and they were very tolerable on the highway. 400 miles round trip. I say get them...you won't regret it.
Yeah I'm really leaning towards them. I've pretty much decided I'm going with the 4" superlift for my wk and those 33 duratracs look sexy as hell... Now I just need to figure out whether or not I need to buy new rims or if the stock on will work.
ogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Roshambo88
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You will like them. You may only need to get spacers for the stock rims. Not sure. Don't know much about WK's.
Khaki Jeep Club Member #1
Roshambo88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.