N 2 Deep - SE Michigan Jeep Club - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > N 2 Deep - SE Michigan Jeep Club

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Reply
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #31
Dannn
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Armada, Michigan
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliFrei64 View Post
I think Dann was going to get a host together or a domain name.
If you haven't already done that, we can just create a wordpress.com account.......
its too bad theres nothing directly around here thats legal to wheel. everything is an hour and a half from me.

i'll know for sure on the website and hosting after i go to court tomorrow. got a trespassing ticket thats a really long stupid story. hopefully the court doesnt rob me for trying to go fishing.

anyways, i'll let you guys know.

__________________
1998 TJ - 6.0 Vortec LQ4, 35's, Wheelies and Hurt Feelings Galore.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #32
KristaVsMi
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 335
Yes the standard hoodie is nice and I paid like 20$ PLUS shipping for my filthy dirty jeep girl stuff .
I wouldnt mind a shirt with a jeep on it too
I might go to Woodward next friday I have some roll bar padding to put on my jeep this week!
__________________
<3 Krista
KristaVsMi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #33
aerojeeptj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Little South of Sanity
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannn View Post
its too bad theres nothing directly around here thats legal to wheel. everything is an hour and a half from me...
Has anyone ever tried 21 & Fairchild? I get a lot of Jeepers telling me about it. Never been there, and I doubt it's legal tho
__________________
The Black Nightmare Jeep
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #34
KristaVsMi
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 335
Me. 21 and fairchild is DTE property and I heard someone died there ( not in a jeep)
and it's " off limits " I heard people go into the back
I know the cops watch it but I've heard some say they leave people alone
it's a gamble. I'd prlly say day/ night no one is really safe.
I also heard there a spot over a hill on Jefferson where a man allows people on his property but never to go alone
be careful at 21...
__________________
<3 Krista
KristaVsMi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #35
aerojeeptj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Little South of Sanity
Posts: 854
lol 21 sounds dangerous! Over at 25 and Hayes, if you go past the round about theres a small dirt road with a few houses and then a trail into the field. It can get muddy back there. Had to drive out there one night to get a couple friends who were wheeling and got the Jeep stuck lol. From what I hear it is also owned property so it's just as risky. It kinda sux there's really no place legal nearby
__________________
The Black Nightmare Jeep
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #36
KristaVsMi
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 335
I know another jeep "crew" they go someplace on mound but not the mounds I'll ask them
I know they pulled a car out of a lake there
__________________
<3 Krista
KristaVsMi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #37
Dannn
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Armada, Michigan
Posts: 315
okay heres the skinny... i live right at 16 and jefferson. the place you're referring to over the hill is what we call ginos surf. its right across from the restaurant and i would suggest strongly against going back there. its posted and its not a good place to be. 21 and fairchild is very hot right now, i spent countless hours back there but haven't been back in a few weeks. me and seannnn came out running dark one night and macomb county sheriff was waiting. we've been back there, then came out in my friends yard and chesterfield sat on the road waiting for us to leave. there is also the marsh, its a wetland so you can't go back there either. its between south river and jefferson off of a street called emerick. then theres 29 and mound. i got a recreational trespassing ticket back there. we werent wheeling, just driving in my jeep to go fishing. i have to go to court tomorrow for the ticket.

let me strongly suggest to anyone on here that wheeling anywhere around this area is going to be illegal. its not worth it unless you have written permission. my ticket was 100-500 dollars and up to 90 days in jail. its a misdemeanor and not fun to go through. i had to hire a lawyer and everything.

please do not wheel anywhere around here that you don't have permission to. i'm not going to go all nazi on you guys and tell you it'll shut trails down. but what i will tell you is that the ticket is not worth it.

@KristaVsMi someone did die a few years ago at 21 and fairchild. he was on a dirt bike and ended up suing the land owner. thats why we arent allowed back there anymore.

theres also a rolled and burnt cherokee left back there right now. but i wouldnt venture back there in a vehicle, the only way i would consider going back there is on a fast quad, dirtbike or a snowmobile. something you can get away from the cops on.
__________________
1998 TJ - 6.0 Vortec LQ4, 35's, Wheelies and Hurt Feelings Galore.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #38
aerojeeptj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Little South of Sanity
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannn View Post
okay heres the skinny... i live right at 16 and jefferson. the place you're referring to over the hill is what we call ginos surf. its right across from the restaurant and i would suggest strongly against going back there. its posted and its not a good place to be. 21 and fairchild is very hot right now, i spent countless hours back there but haven't been back in a few weeks. me and seannnn came out running dark one night and macomb county sheriff was waiting. we've been back there, then came out in my friends yard and chesterfield sat on the road waiting for us to leave. there is also the marsh, its a wetland so you can't go back there either. its between south river and jefferson off of a street called emerick. then theres 29 and mound. i got a recreational trespassing ticket back there. we werent wheeling, just driving in my jeep to go fishing. i have to go to court tomorrow for the ticket.

let me strongly suggest to anyone on here that wheeling anywhere around this area is going to be illegal. its not worth it unless you have written permission. my ticket was 100-500 dollars and up to 90 days in jail. its a misdemeanor and not fun to go through. i had to hire a lawyer and everything.

please do not wheel anywhere around here that you don't have permission to. i'm not going to go all nazi on you guys and tell you it'll shut trails down. but what i will tell you is that the ticket is not worth it.

@KristaVsMi someone did die a few years ago at 21 and fairchild. he was on a dirt bike and ended up suing the land owner. thats why we arent allowed back there anymore.

theres also a rolled and burnt cherokee left back there right now. but i wouldnt venture back there in a vehicle, the only way i would consider going back there is on a fast quad, dirtbike or a snowmobile. something you can get away from the cops on.

Dang you know your stuff! I've had close calls, playing in construction areas at night; luckily had my lights were off before turning on the the road and out of nowhere an officer drove right past me but didn't see (my Jeep is blacked out). Also I almost got a ticket a few weeks back, just driving around in a field. Luckily the officer said he was like that when he was younger and simply told me "you need to get out of here." Fairchild sounds interesting, I want to go explore but at the same time I think I will sit it out. However checking out the burnt cherokee sounds interesting!
__________________
The Black Nightmare Jeep
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #39
Dannn
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Armada, Michigan
Posts: 315
if you have a quad i'll take you back there... but i wont drive my jeep/can't drive my jeep. i'm sure i'll be on probation after tomorrow.

it was really sad to be honest, not saying we werent doing something wrong because we were. but there were 5 of us in the XJ and we were going fishing at 29 and mound. drove back, picked my cousin up who was walking. as we were backing up macomb countys finest came walking around the corner. gave us 5 recreational trespassing tickets.

all we wanted to do was go fishing. we werent going back to smoke pot, or drink, or anything of the sort. there are some monster fish in the ponds back there. and its quite a spooky 2 mile drive in at night.
__________________
1998 TJ - 6.0 Vortec LQ4, 35's, Wheelies and Hurt Feelings Galore.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #40
aerojeeptj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Little South of Sanity
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannn View Post
if you have a quad i'll take you back there... but i wont drive my jeep/can't drive my jeep. i'm sure i'll be on probation after tomorrow.

it was really sad to be honest, not saying we werent doing something wrong because we were. but there were 5 of us in the XJ and we were going fishing at 29 and mound. drove back, picked my cousin up who was walking. as we were backing up macomb countys finest came walking around the corner. gave us 5 recreational trespassing tickets.

all we wanted to do was go fishing. we werent going back to smoke pot, or drink, or anything of the sort. there are some monster fish in the ponds back there. and its quite a spooky 2 mile drive in at night.
I don't have a quad If I ever did go I was just gonna walk back there. But ya the fishing story is ridiculous!
__________________
The Black Nightmare Jeep
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
Dannn
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Armada, Michigan
Posts: 315
if you walk back, make sure you bring your jeep, not muddy, and park it on the road. they can't ticket you unless the owner comes and asks you to leave and you refuse. but in an offroad vehicle, you're screwed. the only way out is down the rail road tracks. many nights we've had to go blowing through the back field, or blow out into the middle of 21 to get out. i'm done with stupid stuff like that now, i wont ever wheel in a place thats questionable.
__________________
1998 TJ - 6.0 Vortec LQ4, 35's, Wheelies and Hurt Feelings Galore.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #42
aerojeeptj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A Little South of Sanity
Posts: 854
ya good call and I'll keep that in mind! Maybe one day if everyone starts hanging out more we can go check it out (by foot of course). I've never been up that way (yet)
__________________
The Black Nightmare Jeep
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #43
Dannn
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Armada, Michigan
Posts: 315
oh and there is one more place i've been to that is posted at some entrances but not posted at others. i'm sure if we got permission from the bank we could go back there. its north of richmond at gratiot and bauman road. pretty sick gravel pit thats filled with water. its tricky to get in though.
__________________
1998 TJ - 6.0 Vortec LQ4, 35's, Wheelies and Hurt Feelings Galore.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #44
KristaVsMi
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 335
the burnt jeep sounds like a photo worthy hike.
how can not any of us have any land? Someone has to have land
I think I'll stick to the backroads... I did see a pretty messed up truck at marine city exit 711
I should have asked where he was he was mud and lost his rubber on his wheel
oh well mounds for me!
__________________
<3 Krista
KristaVsMi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #45
Dannn
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Armada, Michigan
Posts: 315
i have land, but its only 5 acres and separated by a river. its up in almont at my dads house. not too good for wheeling, but its good for riding quads. if anyone wants to plan a serious mud trip let me know. we have land up near cheboygan that i can literally bury 40's on. theres miles upon miles of trails up there. all in the pidgeon river state forest.

@krista if i remember right, you work at metro beach right? if so, you wouldn't have happened to know a kid by the name of Garrett Hunter would you?
__________________
1998 TJ - 6.0 Vortec LQ4, 35's, Wheelies and Hurt Feelings Galore.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.