JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/)
-   -   muskegon wheeling (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/muskegon-wheeling-1457794/)

butters69 01-02-2013 12:45 PM

muskegon wheeling
 
:cheers:it sucks
it seems like same two tracks different day where are there some good mud pits/hills near muskegon or in michigan

Rubicon0311 01-02-2013 12:49 PM

Rocks and Valleys Harrison, Kids in the Mudd Gobles, The Mounds Mt Morris, Bundy Hill Jerome, Twisted trails Copemish, Silver Lake

bobjp 01-02-2013 04:32 PM

In addition to the above, there is Drummond Island or the Keweenaw. The two tracks elsewhere in the UP are pretty much the same as Manistee National Forest.

KP_1000orTJ 01-03-2013 08:05 AM

Yeah, it sucks there's nothing really challenging in west Michigan.

dg6772 02-19-2013 03:51 AM

Impassible roads is about the most around here.( Muskegon )

Alboy79 02-19-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg6772 (Post 14994712)
Impassible roads is about the most around here.( Muskegon )

I live on a "road impassable". It makes for a good time.

Rubicon0311 02-19-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alboy79 (Post 14995038)
I live on a "road impassable". It makes for a good time.

Al, your commute to work doesn't count

Alboy79 02-19-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 (Post 14995087)
Al, your commute to work doesn't count

no the sign one block from my house says "ROAD IMPASSABLE"
we used to skip class back in high school and bring our "trucks" there to play. we left more than one truck over night on that road.

Rubicon0311 02-19-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alboy79 (Post 14995157)
no the sign one block from my house says "ROAD IMPASSABLE"
we used to skip class back in high school and bring our "trucks" there to play. we left more than one truck over night on that road.

Looks like I should bring my heep up there and tear it up:laugh:

Alboy79 02-19-2013 08:02 AM

The farmers will hate you. But it is a legal road, so why not...

dg6772 02-19-2013 10:43 AM

That's what we look for.... with a sign like that, it also means no o.r.v. is needed.

Rubicon0311 02-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dg6772 (Post 14996289)
That's what we look for.... with a sign like that, it also means no o.r.v. is needed.

It's not like buying an ORV sticker will kill anyone. I buy one very year, $16 is a small price to pay to avoid a $500 ORV trespass ticket.

dg6772 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

True, but some people don't have them, as we do, so we look for roads to travel.

phittie1100 02-19-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 (Post 14996329)
It's not like buying an ORV sticker will kill anyone. I buy one very year, $16 is a small price to pay to avoid a $500 ORV trespass ticket.

Not sure where you would get a ticket like that, unless you accessed the Silver Lake Sand Dunes/St Helen MSA/Bull Gap/The Mounds without an ORV sticker. Very few places a licensed 4x4 is allowed to be where they need an ORV sticker, if you are somewhere where you are not supposed to be the ORV sticker will not save you.

dg6772 02-19-2013 01:17 PM

This is very true..... Tin Cup is about the only place close that I know of where an o.r.v. is not necessary.


The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.