Moving to SE Michigan - Advice? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Moving to SE Michigan - Advice?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
YamahaDrtRdr
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to SE Michigan - Advice?

Hey everybody.

I'm graduating this spring and have accepted a full time job in Dearborn starting this September. I'll be moving from Indianapolis to somewhere surrounding Dearborn in late July / early August. I was wondering if you all could supply some local input into the surrounding areas?

I lived in Dearborn last summer and decided it's really not the type of area I'm interested in. I'm willing to commute up to 45 minutes. Really looking for a younger crowd (I'm 22) with plenty of restaurants and bars. I've heard Royal Oak is a nice area but can be a bit expensive, however price is not really a huge factor. I would like to rent an apartment or loft for the first year with the opportunity to buy a house later.

Thanks guys

Unread 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
bobjp

So you're interested in bars and restaurants? You're in luck because that is the only thing suburban Detroit has to offer.

Royal Oak sounds like your best bet. Bloomfield, Novi, Farmington are comparable suburbs.
Unread 05-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
mxjosh
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
So you're interested in bars and restaurants? You're in luck because that is the only thing suburban Detroit has to offer.

Royal Oak sounds like your best bet. Bloomfield, Novi, Farmington are comparable suburbs.
Agree with these...Plymouth is also a nicer area, but not a huge, close enough to Novi though and not too far from dearborn.
18x10 Moto Metals 33" Duratracs
mxjosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
VirtualRussel
1985 CJ7 

Check out Ferndale. Better bar scene than Royal Oak and less expensive.
'12 Sahara JK
VirtualRussel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
rstantoniii
1998 ZJ 

Woodhaven is nice too. Little more of a commute, but the community is laid back and the rent is cheap.
rstantoniii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.