Mounds ORV Park - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Mounds ORV Park

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
ScottyJ98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Mounds ORV Park

Anyone been there? Are there areas that I can go through with my stock 04 wrangler? I'm pretty new to the off roading other than taking it down two tracks and orv routes up north. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ScottyJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
flh03
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can get around to a lot of areas with a stock jeep. There aren't that many places you can not go, just watch the large ruts so you don't get hung up on your skid plate. You will need an ORV sticker and buy a pass for $11 if you are not a resident of Genessee County.
flh03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Jakes89Wrangler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FRONT REAR RECOVERY POINTS AND A GOOD TOW STRAP.

Other than that, yeah your set to go. Be careful in the water though.
Jakes89Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
ScottyJ98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok cool. I have tow hooks front and rear as well as a recovery strap. My friend is also going with his JK incase one of us gets stuck. Any particular areas to watchout for.
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
ChiliFrei64
2002 WJ 

yeah.. there are plenty of places you can go there. We have stockers in our club that have gone through there. Just do smart wheelin and make sure you have recovery gear.
I'm not going but our club is trying to plan a trip this month.
http://www.n2deep-offroad.com/forums....php?f=6&t=139
There's also pics from our last trip here
Oct 30th thread
http://www.n2deep-offroad.com/forums....php?f=17&t=37
Nov 20th thread
http://www.n2deep-offroad.com/forums....php?f=17&t=85

Check it out!
ChiliFrei64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
letitloose06
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Definitely bring a friend with another vehicle and make sure you have recovery points and a tow strap. I've had some friends go in their stock rigs and not have any problems. Just stay away from the ruts and the really deep holes. There are also many holes out there that will swallow a stock rig.

This hole didn't look very deep but my buddy got his Scout II very stuck. We broke several straps before we gave up and left it overnight. It took a very large rig on tractor tires 12 yanks to get him out.

As far as places to look out for, stay out of the holes along the power lines and stay out of the large mudholes in the scramble area.
1992 YJ 4.0L, AX-15, 4" RE Standard Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2's, 8.8 Rear, HP30 front, 4.10's, SYE and CV Driveshaft, Taurus Electric Fan, 136 A GC Alternator, Grand Prix Seats, RR HD Steering, JCR Off road Stage 2 Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper

1966 M416 1/4 Ton Cargo Trailer -- Build Thread
letitloose06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
ScottyJ98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats good to know. Anyone been there in the winter with the snow on the ground?
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
michjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I always find a stick and check the water holes if I am unsure of how deep they are and to see how loose the bottom of the hole is. I made it through alot of the mounds in my stock 91 yj 4cyl. I never been out there in the winter.
michjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitloose06 View Post
Definitely bring a friend with another vehicle and make sure you have recovery points and a tow strap. I've had some friends go in their stock rigs and not have any problems. Just stay away from the ruts and the really deep holes. There are also many holes out there that will swallow a stock rig.

This hole didn't look very deep but my buddy got his Scout II very stuck. We broke several straps before we gave up and left it overnight. It took a very large rig on tractor tires 12 yanks to get him out.

As far as places to look out for, stay out of the holes along the power lines and stay out of the large mudholes in the scramble area.
didnt the winch work?
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
letitloose06
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The winch is hydraulic and runs of the PS pump. The engine wouldn't run well because of fuel starvation and his PS pump was giving him problems after he got it running.
1992 YJ 4.0L, AX-15, 4" RE Standard Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG KM2's, 8.8 Rear, HP30 front, 4.10's, SYE and CV Driveshaft, Taurus Electric Fan, 136 A GC Alternator, Grand Prix Seats, RR HD Steering, JCR Off road Stage 2 Front Bumper, Custom Rear Bumper

1966 M416 1/4 Ton Cargo Trailer -- Build Thread
letitloose06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Jakes89Wrangler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I stoped by when you were trying to get it out. The fan was kicking water up into the intake right?
Jakes89Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
backwoodsbrown
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyJ98 View Post
Thats good to know. Anyone been there in the winter with the snow on the ground?
It's fun during the winter but you have to watch out driving on the ice.
If the ice isn't thick enough and you break through into the wrong mudhole you could be stuck real good.
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
backwoodsbrown
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitloose06 View Post
Yup, I can tell you have been to the Mounds.

The low side of the powerlines have very deep holes with mud that doesn't like to let go.
And that one little puddle in the first scramble area, I've seen it swallow some pretty big trucks. Very deceiving, it just looks like some water in a low spot?

I live 2 miles from the Mounds and am out there almost every Sunday.
It has something for all size vehicles and lots of good people playing in the mud that aren't afraid to give you a hand if you run into trouble.
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #14
jbeebe
1991 YJ Wrangler 

scott, clear your pm box! i shipped the bumper yesterday, it will be there on wednesday. pm me if you want the tracking number, as I don't want to post it here
jbeebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.