The Mounds in Mt. Morris Michigan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > The Mounds in Mt. Morris Michigan

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
medievalone

The Mounds in Mt. Morris Michigan

I just purchased a 2004 Wrangler. The jeep is stock with 5 speed manual and 4.0 L engine. It has P225/75R15 OWL AT tires. I was wondering if this jeep would be ok to take to the mounds or is it better to have a modified jeep?

medievalone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Brandon_YJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I've seen stockers out there back when I would hit those trails in my old pickup. They could hold their own pretty well... much better than my Ford did.

In another week when the Mounds open up to Jeeps/Trucks go give it a shot. Take a buddy and a few tow straps *just in case* but if you pay attention you should be able to do fine.
And it'll be a good learning experience to see what mods you want to blow your income on next.
DISCLAIMER: I (usually) browse the web using Elinks in a (text only) terminal. Which means I do not have image viewing support. So if you get confused by my seemingly inability to comment on your pictures, emoticons, etc; now you know why.
If you're still confused click here to see how I view the forum.
Brandon_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
NoUse328
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Take a tow strap for sure, you'll absolutely need it.

Also, be very, VERY careful of where you go. What seems to be a shallow hole will quickly hydrolock your Jeep. Just follow someone who's been there or test the hole before going through.
NoUse328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.