mio/ rose city. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > mio/ rose city.

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
45williams
2008 KK Liberty 

mio/ rose city.

I am going to be in the area next week and looking for trails. I seem not to be able to find any maps that say the trails are big enough for jeeps. I will be staying in the south branch area. Any Info will help.

45williams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

I grew up in the Rose City area about 20 years ago. I know that they have opened up some ORV trails in that area but from the links I found they don't support larger vehicles.

I do know that there used to be and to the bet of my knowledge there are plenty of roads up in the Huron National Forest. Here is a link to the Motor Vehicle Usage Maps for the forest.

Might not be the kind of trails you are looking for, but I vaguely remember some interesting stuff on those roads.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
smb2004
2006 TJ Wrangler 

St. Helene is not too far away from Rose City, just take F-28 West. That has trails large enough and a scramble area. I have wheeled about there before. Also the DNR has some trail maps and info for the area.

DNR Trail Maps: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...8330--,00.html
smb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
ScottyJ98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.midnr.com/publications/pd..._and_Route.pdf

Anything listed as an orv route is fair game for your jeep. I have never been on this trail but have driven a few orv routes up near Atlanta Mi. As others have stated the two tracks, seasonal roads, and fire roads are aslo open.
ScottyJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
45williams
2008 KK Liberty 

Thanks everyone I am going to try and play around out there this weekend. Ill be in an 08 liberty. Thanks again
45williams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
00jeepthing

alot of the trails are big enough then then get tight really quick, i mean tight for a quad to go through. its been a few years but i know their are trail around bullgap you can take a truck through...
00jeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
mac56
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Might want to check to see if those Michigan DNR trails require a state orv sticker... I don't know for sure if they do. National Forest, stay on marked numbered roads and your OK... and some of those can be very interesting.....
mac56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.