Michigan jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Michigan jeepers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 10-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Michigan jeepers

Any jeepers in the algonac, new Baltimore, Memphis, or Romeo! Know any good places in the area to trail?

DanMiller_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #2
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

There is rocks & valleys orv park in Harrison and the mounds orv park in Mt Morris.

Here is a good thread for you

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/...hread-1289204/

Also, greatlakes4x4.com is a great place to meet up with local jeepers.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Just looked and it looks like the mounds is relatively closer to you. Me and a group go out there about once every month.
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Oh really!! How many are in your group? Yeah I've heard of the mounds, it's all rooty, I looked at bundy hill, and it looks pretty cool from the videos on YouTube that I've seen
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMiller_yj View Post
Any jeepers in the algonac, new Baltimore, Memphis, or Romeo! Know any good places in the area to trail?
Dan, I am over in Chesterfield/New Baltimore. 23 mile and 94 area.

Not much locally to wheel but plenty within an hours drive. Have you checked out the Jeep Creep at Riverwalk ?

http://www.riverwalkplace.net/jeep.html

At least a couple other JF guys and myself are going. Darryl you talk to Chris lately ?

Pm me your phone number and when it is good to call and we can hook up.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh really!! How many are in your group? Yeah I've heard of the mounds, it's all rooty, I looked at bundy hill, and it looks pretty cool from the videos on YouTube that I've seen
It depends, sometime there is close to 15-20 of us but most of the time it's around 6-10.

I personally have never been to Bundy but from what I've herd it's not that great, not worth the drive. The mounds in the other hand can be fun. I recommend you have at least 33s though. What's your setup?
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #7
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well right now 2.5 skyjacker military wrap lift, sye and tomwoods driveshaft, CAI and throttle body spacer, and running bald Bfg all terrains lol, looking for a set here pretty soon
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well right now 2.5 skyjacker military wrap lift, sye and tomwoods driveshaft, CAI and throttle body spacer, and running bald Bfg all terrains lol, looking for a set here pretty soon
Yeah, definitely don't want to go there with bald tires lol
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
2KTJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMiller_yj
Dan daaaaa man....whazzup. In the Almont/ Rochester area (but you already know that :P) hahaha we need to offroad this weekend boss
2KTJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just to keep it plain and simple. Rocks and Valleys is exactly as the title, if you like rocks and obstacles, that's the place to go. Bundy has a taste of everything, sand, rocks, open pits, mud. However, at Bundy you have to deal with quads and dirt bikes everywhere. The Mounds, well, MUD, certainly the place to go for that. They have a few "rock" courses, but nothing like Rocks and Valleys. The mounds also has a few trails thru the woods, but all of Rocks and Valleys is like that. My favorite places in Michigan to go is Rocks and Valleys, Bundy, and Silver Lake, the only reason I would go back to the Mounds, is if it was a group meetup.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
bobjp

I haven't been to the Mounds in 5 years so maybe it has changed. If you've never been, there's no reason not to (except bald tires). It's cheap and close, but muddy. You have to explore to find out what you like. Plenty of people go to the Mounds and have fun.

I disagree that Bundy Hill isn't worth the drive for either of you. It is not as quite as good as Rocks and Valley's, but is comparable. There are rocks, trails, small hill climbs, and some off camber stuff. Just not as much of any one of those things as R&V. You could spend a day at Bundy and have fun. Honestly, it's a case of beggars can't be choosers. Michigan off roading is limited so you take what you can get.
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
DanMiller_yj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I know, I'm not a huge mud person, just in it for the trails and hills! Well bundy hill happens to be the closest to me, then the mounds, and rocks and valleys, it's about location! Just trying to find the closest spot to wheel
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
bobjp

From New Baltimore? Looks like the Mounds is closest to you. But I think you'd have more fun at Bundy. And I've taken baldish AT's there without issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.