MI and surrounding area Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > MI and surrounding area Jeepers

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

MI and surrounding area Jeepers

I'm not sure if this is allowed, and if not please move it to the proper section.
I have been a long time Dodge Dakota nut and recently joined the jeep world. I am a member at www.dakotausa.com. We need the help of everyone in the Great Lakes area to find a stolen dakota 4x4. It was stolen during the night last night and is very unique in appearance. If you spot the dakota please give Ken a call. here is the post from dakotausa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc_Rage_49 View Post
I'm with horrible regret having to report this to you last night, but in the same manner, I'm asking for some help.

I'm writing to you this morning after finding that my Dodge Dakota was stolen last night.

I don't know what to say, but if members from this website could please be on the lookout for my truck... I'd greatly appreciate it.

It even has a customized license plate of ObiwanJ from Michigan...

I don't know what to say, but please... if anyone spots it, please call me at <number removed>
The police are currently on their way over to take a report...

Here are some recent pictures...

Thanks...

Ken Jacoby
I apologize if this is not allowed by the rules. I knew that there was a greater chance of Jeep activity in the area than Dakota activity and am hoping that the Jeep family can help out a fellow Mopar family in getting this dakota back to the rightful owner.

Last edited by WiLieR; 03-11-2008 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: removing Ken's number
WiLieR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

I will be providing updates as I get them from Ken. The police report has been filed but judging by their reaction they don't really seem to care about the truck being stolen. He is pretty down in the dumps about the whole thing and doesn't have very high hopes about finding the dakota.

Please keep an eye out for the dakota anywhere. If you hit up a scrap yard in the area look around for it and if you even suspect it might be it get the vin and call Ken please.

Should this be moved to the general section where everyone can see it?
Thanks to JF for allowing this post to remain up and for not flaming me for posting it. I actually got flamed on another forum for posting this.
Unread 02-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
MiniJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where in Michigan was the truck located when it was stolen?
MiniJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

Novi, MI. A suburb of Detroit.

Ken still hasn't heard anything back from the police department, so he is assuming the dakota has not been found yet.
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

8 days later and no word from the police. The chances are not good that it will be found at all now. I hate to say it, but it most likely has either gone across the border or has been pulled apart in some chop shop by now.

Still, please keep an eye out and about just in case it is somewhere in some shape.
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

yea unfortunatley if they do find it more than likely it will be totaled or down to the frame... there were a couple of chop shops in and around detroit, and toledo they busted that were stripping cars down to nuts and bolts within a few hours...
www.militaryjeepers.com come check us out
medicbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #7
ronprice

Have you posted it gone on GL
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/
Unread 03-06-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

I have not because I am not a member there. Feel free to post it there as well please. It has been over a week since it was stolen and i don't think there is much hope left, but maybe just maybe it will show up somewhere.
Unread 03-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #9
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

Ken just got a phone call from the police and they found his dakota. It was about 30 miles out of Detroit. They have described it as "severely destroyed". Ken is on the way to see it now.

Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out for it. I sort of expected it to be found in rough shape since it was gone so long. Right now we are just waiting for Ken to post about the damage and maybe some pics on dakotausa.

Thank you again to all who helped look for it. Hopefully it isn't as "severely destroyed" as I am imagining right now.
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #10
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

"Severely Destroyed" means stripped and torched. Ken is on his way back home to post up more pics, but here is a quick one from him cell phone.

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #11
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

damn that really really sucks.... hopefully they catch the guys somehow... i totally feel for your friend.... hopefully his insurance doesnt f him... i wonder if they torched it so any hair or fingerprints would be unrecoverable...
www.militaryjeepers.com come check us out
medicbear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
WiLieR
1999 WJ 

That's why I think they torched it as well, to cover up any finger prints or anything else like that. Ken posted more pics at dakotausa, which can be found here:
http://www.dakotausa.com/vBulletin/s...ad.php?t=41532
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #13
HavenSOV
1973 XJ Cherokee 

So not cool... Real sorry for your friend... this shouldn't happen no matter what you drive.
South West Michigan Jeepers
HavenSOV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.