Marquette/munising area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Marquette/munising area

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
comancheklein
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Marquette/munising area

Any one know any good hiking/Orv trails in the Marquette/ Munising area. I was particularly interested in the laughing whitefish falls or any water fall areas. The colors are getting good and my Jeep/hiking boots are itchin for a good day

Unread 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
JayTY
2002 WJ 

Hey there Esky, I'm from just down the road in Happyrock. I can't suggest any ORV trails, as I am a off-road rookie. Hiking wise, have you ever been up to Pictured Rocks? Lots of options there, short day hikes, and multi-day excursions. Wife and I did a short 6.5 hike end of August around the Chapel Basin loop, awesome. This weekend is supposed to be nice, sunny & low 70s, may be a great opportunity to do some hiking there, colors should be just about right. There's quite a few waterfalls there also, so lots of stuff to check out.

Here is link to Pict Rocks maps

Pic at Chapel Beach

We were supposed to go hiking there last weekend, but too much stuff to do with the kids, plus money is tight. Would love to get up there, but this weekend is booked for us also, crap.

Hope this helps!
Unread 10-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
comancheklein
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I have done the pictured rocks area and alot of coast area me and my GF walked from presque Isle to little presque and did some cliff jumping at little presque. Another good one is the trail to the ice caves in Trenary but its very difficult with the steep icy hill side areas
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Bighurt
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I go to school in marquette, I havent ventured out to munising. But between marquette and Big bay there are a lot of places to hike and ORV trails. CR 510 has lot a places to check out and if you go down old35 it takes you up to the huron mountain club fence and from there there is a lot of small clearings at the top where you can see the keweenaw and into the mtn club. a few weeks ago we came across a wild fire in the distance and 3 marble grave stones from 2003 which was slightly erie.
Bighurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Choparita

There are lots of places to go. Best thing to do is fill up the Jeep and grab a map!
Choparita is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.