Manistee National Forest.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Manistee National Forest....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
Jeeps4life13
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Manistee National Forest....

Hey guys,
Headed into the Manistee National Forest in MI this weekend. First time i've been there. Taking my jeep and my cousins stock tj. If anyone could tell me anything about them that would be great. Just curious how the trails are these days, and with the rain showers we might be getting this weekend. Also if there are any must hit trails. We are goin to be camping, so if anyone knows that one place to camp is better than another. Does anyone know if alcohol is allowed at the campsites?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. If anyone else happens to be out there, we'll be the Willys and the red Columbia Eddition running together. Feel free to PM me if you want to meet up.

Jason

32x11.5 Kumho MTs
--------------------------
Jeeps4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

best bet as far as rules would be michigan.gov go to the dnr area and look 4 it
www.militaryjeepers.com come check us out
medicbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
cvdberg13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

alcohol isnt allowed in michigan state oarks including camp grounds so if you stay at one dont get too routy and dont walk around with a bottle or anything and you should be alright just be smart about it and kinda cautious
cvdberg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Nice meeting you guys up there!!! We had a great time....Baldwin probaly isnt the best place to take jeeps 9down the orv trails anyways) but those forest roads and stuff were fun. Now you will have to come back up and go to silver lake with us. That place is a blast in jeeps. plus, sand=clean.
We have a ton of pictures (some of them are really funny) but i left my camera in chads jeep. Anyways, the link to our club site is im my sig. (click blue letters) im sure there will be a thread poping up soon titled "broke back baldwin " lol

oh and i cant believe i missed this thread before the trip. i ussualy check here before every trip. but randomly running into you worked just as well...
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
TopThrillJoe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Joe here, the one who answered the phone when it was your g/f. If you want to do some good wheeling similar to what we did this weekend get reservations to muskallonge lake campground. Its in the UP along lake superior. ill be there end of july.
http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandT...d=73&type=SPCG
()_) ()_)=0=)_)
owner of a solid axle conversion kit
I spend most of my time here -->http://swmjeepers.com
TopThrillJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
ronprice

Go up to copemish and wheel at the Twisted trails Off Road Park. Look on Greatlakes4x4.com for park details under trail rides.
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
arctichalo
1981 CJ7 

missed the post earlier. wish i'd known. we spent saturday/sunday wheeling around bitely. (+) yeah, there was a LOT of mud and deep water, but (-) there were a lot of trees across the trails from the storm. overall the wheel spinning was more than worth the trail clearing!
it's all manistee national forest, so their rules are in effect instead of dnr, so you'd have to look up the nat'l forest rules.

of all the trails in w.mi. that are still open, this is one of the most fun.
arctichalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #8
arctichalo
1981 CJ7 

we'll be up there again for memorial day weekend.
arctichalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.