Jeep Mechanic - Whitmore Lake, MI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Jeep Mechanic - Whitmore Lake, MI

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 06-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Rebelchevy87
2012 JK Wrangler 

Jeep Mechanic - Whitmore Lake, MI

Can anyone reccomend a good shop in the Whitmore Lake, Brighton, Ann Arbor area for diagnosing and correcting death wobble? My wife was driving her TJ home from work and nearly lost control. We are now down to one vehicle and I don't have the time to diagnose/fix it myself for at least 3 weeks, I checked it over and nothing was obviously wrong. Since I generally do all my own work I have no idea who a good mechanic/shop is in the area so I am looking for a reccomendation. Thanks in aadvance for your help.

Unread 06-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey I live in the area I would be willing to take a look and see if I can help. PM me if you would like the help I'm not a shop.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
BDS-Tech

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Try Unlimited Offroad up in Fenton- 810-936-7000- they do tons of Jeeps. It's @ a half hour up 23 from Whitmore Lake, but it's worth it!

*Double disclaimer- They are a BDS distributor, and I used to work there, but they really do good work on Jeeps!

tech@bds-suspension.com
phone: 517-279-2135

http://www.bds-suspension.com/
BDS-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Rebelchevy87
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I ended up just making plans for taking it back home to my old man (he's a mechanic). I had a local shop check it out and they said most everything in the frontend had play in it, but before I spend too much I wanted my Dad to check it out.

BDS-Tech, I have driven by that shop, looks like a nice place. My in-laws live in Fenton. At some point I want to put a small (2-3") lift on and I like the BDS kit's, I'll have to check them out when I am ready.
Unread 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

More than likely you have bad or loose trac bar bushings.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.