Jeep Creep 2013 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Jeep Creep 2013

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #46
jeepsnmopars
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rushed up to Gladwin tonight to make sure I made it on time for the parade....I think somebody better than me needs to think up a way to make this more interesting. Not many folks show up as I understand the local football team was in a local playoff game, same as last year. So it turns out it was another idle through town make a uturn and drive back at 0 to 5mph down Main street. There has to be something else to make it interesting....anyway looking forward to tomorrow. The Riverwalk does accomodate very well and Graff does keep me entertained. I am looking forward to the seminars this year...that is a nice addition. I am really interested in the one on equiping your rig with a CB at 1:00 as I am currently planning this right now....See ya tomorrow. Red JK 2dr with the Bushwackers.

Scott

flat-fender.jpeg

jeepsnmopars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #47
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfire View Post
Oh, yea...one more are helmets really a must for jeeps? seems silly.

mavfire
Only if you do not have a hard top and/or roll cage that protects the passengers.
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #48
mavfire
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Video from color tour...

Jeep creep was pretty cool. For our (the whole family went) first jeeping event it was a good introduction to the scene. I would recommend it to anyone in the michigan area. Very family friendly too.

We got up there on Saturday, and checked in. The lot at Riverwalk place was packed, and we ended up parking (jeep style) on the curb in the rocks, next to a heavily modified jeep.

The people organizing the Jeep Creep were great, every question we had was answered and they were well organized. We even called early in the morning and Meghan was polite and helped a ton(sunday morning).

The vender section was located along the back riverwalk behind Riverwalk Place. There were probably just over a dozen vendors, and we didnt end up purchasing anything other than T-shirts from http://www.4w2h.org/ a group dedicated to helping wounded veterans enjoy 4 wheeling and other outdoor activities. Really a great group, and I plan on looking more into them. I also talked to the glfwda people and another group.

We ended up purchasing the jeep creep challenge course VIP bracelet for $15. It was a fun course set up behind Graff Autosales (a big sponsor of the Jeep Creep). My jeep is not heavily modified, with only a 2.5" lift and 32's but it was a fun course. There was a long and a short route, both being less than 1/2 mile, but fun none-the-less. There were some challenging hill climbs at then end (wife got stuck when she tried), and some dragon backs as well. there was a section for Modified that the organizers shut down where they were having to winch out alot of jeeps. There was also a rock/boulder track that was probably 100' long that we watched some modifieds climb over and get stuck. Over all Graff's course put on by "Rocks and Valleys" was certainly a highlight of the event.

Saturday at 4pm was the "trunk or treat" where the kids were able to go jeep-to-jeep like trick or treating on halloween all dressed up. It was a big hit, and even a bunch of local youths came out for candy. All of the jeepers were great, and I have to say, what a great group of people to spend time with.

We ate diner at the Riverwalk Grill, and the food was excellent. We split their Ribeye and have not had a better meal, I am still not sure what bourban onion/garlic sauce was spread over it, but it would have made a tire taste good! The cut of meat was excelent too.

We retired to the hotel (Cedar Avenue Inn) and the kids went swimming. Overall saturday was a blast.

Sunday we met up with over 40 other jeeps and went on the color tour, through some of the state of michigan forest land. Mostly seasonal roads, with some interesting ORV routes thrown in for good measure.

While on the color tour there were several "jeeps" that got stuck in some water crossings, and several slow/stops where we were not sure what was going on (speculate the tour guide was lost.) At one point we got to witness the tourguide get his @$$ chewed out by a "jeep (patriot)" owner, she was pissed that he had taken her new "jeep" out over ORV routes. I guess she thought they were going to go on gravel roads only.

We on the other hand had a blast, and eventually left the group and went our separate way, did some more ORV routes up there and found the end of several trails

The jeep got muddy, the kids had fun and the wife and I both were challenged.

As a note to the organizers of the color tour, perhaps they should set up 3 groups of tours, 1. stock jeeps or those that just wish to travel well groomed trails, 2. slightly modified (we would fit into this) where some technical trails are covered (stock wranglers would be able to make it), and 3. Modified trails, for those requiring more technicality. With as many jeeps as there were on the color tour this could easily have been done, and (miss jeep patriot would not have gotten her "jeep" all muddy or scratched, and it would have saved the tourguide from getting an ear-full.)

Overall the trip was fun, and we look forward to going next year. Thanks again to Riverwalk Place and Graff automotive for the fun weekend.

(video would not load sorry.)
mavfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #49
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Had a great time Saturday at both the show and and course. Went trough it a few times and they ended up opening up the modded area after a while. It was muddy but nothing I couldn't get trough.

Sunday we went to rocks and valleys and had a great time. Was able to run all the blue trails with little issue except for a big wet spot that was eating jeeps. Had to winch out with the help of another jeeper and his dad. Over all was a great weekend and went home with a new cobra 19 that I won from glfwda.
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #50
LUV4JEEP

We also had a great time!! I had the only black lifted liberty and the challenge course was a blast! Very impressed with the liberty and we stayed at Lost Arrow resort about 20 mins outside of Gladwin and loved it. On Sunday we went to rocks and valleys and went around alone at first came back and the guys there set me and a JK up with 2 guides to take us on some harder trails and they all said I would get stuck but made it all the way! Can not wait till next year !!

Oh and there were people filming and taken pics of the challenge course hill climb if anyone has pics or video of the black liberty that would be Awesome!!
LUV4JEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #51
jeepsnmopars
2012 JK Wrangler 

I can really see this event growing into a great mid Michigan Jeep experience. Thanks to Riverwalk, Graffs and Rocks and Valleys for setting up a great event. This can only get better as it matures.
jeepsnmopars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #52
RiverwalkPlace

357 Jeeps Attended the 2nd Annual Riverwalk Place Jeep Creep! Woooo hooooo!
A huge thank you to the amazing Jeepers, spectators, volunteers, vendors, sponsors and associates of Riverwalk Place who made this year's Jeep Creep OUTSTANDING! Thanks so much everyone!

Four wonderful animals were adopted into forever homes at the Jeep Creep – that’s awesome!
Also – four shopping carts of non-perishable food were donated to the Sacred Heart Mission of Gladwin; two shopping carts of pet food and $90 were donated to the Gladwin County Animal Shelter and two more shopping carts of pet food along with $90 were donated to Claws & Paws Rescue. These amazing donations would not exist without the generosity of the Jeep community – I’m so proud to put on this event for all of you.

Looking for awesome photos of your Jeep? After the Jeep Creep (Rob gets photos posted as quickly as he can) VISIT robertisble.zenfolio.com CLICK All My Photos CLICK Jeep Creep 2013 ENTER Password: Jeeps2013 You can order prints or digital downloads of images from the event. Get great shots of your Jeep livin’ it up at the Riverwalk Place Jeep Creep!

LOST & FOUND: I have two items that were turned in at the Registration Table. Please call (989) 246-9140 if you are missing something. Thanks!

T-SHIRTS: I do have t-shirts left that are available for purchase (sizes include Youth, Small, Medium, XXL, XXXL and XXXXL). Shirts are $10 each and I will ship to you. Please call (989) 246-9140 or email info@riverwalkplace.net

Again – thank you all so much for being patient, kind and generous with your donations and candy =) Details on the 2014 Jeep Creep will be coming soon – watch the website for updates www.riverwalkplace.net/jeep.html !
RiverwalkPlace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.