I'm in need of CJ Jeep Service and Restortion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > I'm in need of CJ Jeep Service and Restortion

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
bugb
1974 CJ5 

I'm in need of CJ Jeep Service and Restortion

Happy Easter Everyone,

I have a 1974 CJ5 that's all original with about 27,000 original miles (it's been in my family sense bought new in 1974).

She runs but needs a tuneup, the brakes need to be dialed in better (all brake parts are new). Also needs the Speedo/Cluster wiring because non of the lights work.

I use to work on my own stuff but I live in a small house in the R.O. area and I don't have a real garage or even a proper drive way to work in.

I also want to start to get an idea of what the costs in bringing a couple thing back to life or a "survivor" restoration. But I don't know a single shop in Michigan that I would hand over a piece as important as this jeep both to the family and as a true 27,000 mile all original CJ5.

I don't mind if the shop is up north or in West MI, I just want to try to give a Michigan shop my business.

Today I had to come to the devastating revelation that I must replace the 40 year old original tires, which is what led me to post this.

bugb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
bugb
1974 CJ5 

Someone must have a good & honest shop, 72 views and not a single referral. Makes me vary concerned about going any place now.
Unread 04-22-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

There should be a shop in your area..... APS in Muskegon deals with a lot of older cars and restorations. I've trusted Steve with some of my own vehicles. But my jeep I did my self.

You can call them and go from there....231-788-3337 Steve Edie owner. Good luck

Dave in Muskegon using JeepForum
dg6772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
bugb
1974 CJ5 

Thank you, I will give them a call.

I live right on Woodward and you would expect there to be a lot of shops that work on old cars but most have closed and the few around will not work on 4x4's
Unread 04-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

I know these guys work on all kinds of vehicles. I hope they can help. That's a long way to go for some work...

Unread 04-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

I just called and talked to Josh, Steve's son,they seemed very interested in helping you out. Again,good luck......I only live a few miles from there. If you come up let me know,maybe we can hook up. I'd love to see what you got and what your plans for it are..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.