Houghton MI Riding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Houghton MI Riding

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 11-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #1
DYOLLNAVE

Houghton MI Riding

Does anyone know where i can find a map of the trails around houghton mi. i just want to know where i can go and where im going.

A Jeep is like legos for big kids. Hundres of ways to build them, awesome every time.
DYOLLNAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
andrewmuss

this may help

i dont live there yet but my parents did 3 months ago..the ORV trails..(not so bad *** have a map) check a county office or like houghton/hancock city halls for those...then atleast you can find your way onto those....i was up there in april and had a blast in my sagging 93 2dr xj so much fun to be had from green laning to rock crawling to mudding omg i cant wait to move up there... btw im hoping to meet up with some other wheelers when i move up there. is there a group that meets regularly?
andrewmuss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

www.michigan.gov/dnr.
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #4
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

also check out topozone.com. National forest trails are still open unless barricaded by stumps or stakes saying no vehicles, at least in Michigan.
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

just call up the department of natural resources...they have info on all of that stuff.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
DYOLLNAVE

i havent been up here for long, the only one i know of is the MTU 4 wheelers...
http://mtu4wheelers.powweb.com/

But i do not know of a Jeep group that meets up.

Can you ride on snowmobile trails without a pass?

A Jeep is like legos for big kids. Hundres of ways to build them, awesome every time.

Last edited by DYOLLNAVE; 11-17-2007 at 05:21 PM..
DYOLLNAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.