Help with frame repair in west michigan - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Help with frame repair in west michigan

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
DrewsYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yj Help with frame repair in west michigan

Hey everyone,
The wife and I just purchased a '93 wrangler that has some frame rot near the rear shackles. From what I've read here, it's a pretty common problem. The problem I'm having is finding someone in the spring lake/grand haven or surrounding areas that can fix this for me. I was hoping some of you fellow jeepers out there could make some recommendations. I'm a mechanical guy, but I don't have nearly enough experience with welding, nor the equipment to tackle a repair like this.

Any help that any of you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andrew

DrewsYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 06:51 AM   #2
HavenSOV
1973 XJ Cherokee 

Its a bit of drive for you, but the guys at JCR Offroad in Kalamazoo could hook you up. They do great work and I have had nothing but good experiences with them.
South West Michigan Jeepers
HavenSOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
DrewsYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the tip. I sent them an email and they're giving me a rough estimate of $500-$700 to repair both frame rails. Seems a bit steep to me considering the material cost is probably less than 100 bucks, but they've got experience I don't, so it's probably worth it (especially when dealing with the frame). I'll keep them in mind, but I'd be happier if I could find something closer and (if possible) cheaper.
Unread 09-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
lkg351
1993 YJ Wrangler 

How bad is the damage? I may be able to help you out, unless you already got it taken care of. I live in Allegan, still a little drive for you, but I don't charge much. Just a little overhead for electricity/welding rod. $20 should cover it.

LKG
lkg351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
DrewsYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks to everyone who has replied and PM'd me. The support has been more than I could have hoped for. The jeep is currently at Ray's Quality Welding in Grand Haven. They were recommended to me by a couple of people and they had a very reasonable quote ($150 for the total repair, we'll see if that's what it ends up being in the end).

I'll post a reply when the work is done to say how it turned out.

Thanks again to everyone!

-Andrew

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.