JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/)
-   -   Headed Home (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/headed-home-1537504/)

RockRollin 06-17-2013 04:43 AM

Headed Home
 
Well after five years of living in NC I'm packing up the family and da Jeeps and moving back to Mi.
Looking forward to connecting with the Jeepin community. I'm thinking I'll be in the area between Rockford and Muskegon.
More to come.:thumbsup:

Jason 06-17-2013 09:43 AM

Welcome back. Weather is colder here, and gas is more expensive. I always thought N / S Carolina would be a nice area to live in.

Alboy79 06-17-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockRollin (Post 15570866)
I'm thinking I'll be in the area between Rockford and Muskegon.


Thats where im at. 15 minutes to rockford, 20-25min to muskegon.

RockRollin 06-17-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 15571737)
Welcome back. Weather is colder here, and gas is more expensive. I always thought N / S Carolina would be a nice area to live in.

Water is opaque, fishing sucks, deer are 1/2sized, every trail has a gate (even forestry roads). I lived in this area 20yrs ago, didn't seem too bad then, much has changed.
Have a solid offer on our house, maybe 6-8 weeks I'll be back.:2thumbsup:

Jason 06-17-2013 05:32 PM

Everywhere has positives and negatives.

Fishing is a surprise to me.... I thought the fishing was good out there?

RockRollin 06-17-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason (Post 15573790)
Everywhere has positives and negatives.

Fishing is a surprise to me.... I thought the fishing was good out there?

Good large mouth, catfish, trout in the mtns. No walleye:thumbdown:, I miss the maple river crappie run, and the salmon. A lot of the issue for me is the congestion. I live in the sticks, but even my small town is overrun with people and traffic. And if you do find a fishing spot, plan on close quarters. Just wanna be back Mi.

huntb 06-24-2013 01:00 PM

Welcome back! I also live in that same area. Just south of Muskegon in Grand Haven


The time now is 05:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.