Great Lake Area Map for Garmin GPS - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Great Lake Area Map for Garmin GPS

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
sdault
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtackerman28 View Post
They often double up.

Also what kind of Garmin GPS do I need to do this? Any?
Should work with any Garmin GPS, but only tried the Etrex and Nuvi I have. On newer Garmin's some new features will not work such as Junction View and posted speed limits. The map is pre-NT. If loaded with your stock map or as a separate secondary map, you can still use your stock map for normal navigation and this one for trail riding.

sdault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtackerman28 View Post
Also what kind of Garmin GPS do I need to do this? Any?
Mine's a Nuvi 1450. I keep the trail and topo maps on a micro SD and switch between them as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hasn't this all been done already?
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
sdault
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alboy79 View Post
Hasn't this all been done already?
Maybe, but not for free! VVmapping has something like this, but I don't believe it contains Forest roads and seasonal roads.
Unread 12-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

gotcha.
Unread 12-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #21
jlsalani

2004 TJ Wrangler 

this is really awesome.... been looking for something like this. Are all the ORV routes for Jeep width vehicles?? Also have you or anyone else you know mapped a route across the UP or LP?? Been looking to take a two track trip with a bunch of folks.... nothing too difficult, just some muddy two tracks.
jlsalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
sdault
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsalani View Post
this is really awesome.... been looking for something like this. Are all the ORV routes for Jeep width vehicles?? Also have you or anyone else you know mapped a route across the UP or LP?? Been looking to take a two track trip with a bunch of folks.... nothing too difficult, just some muddy two tracks.
Hope you enjoy it! All trails, forest roads, seasonal roads and ORV routes are open to 4x4 vehicles. Some can be very narrow and you may get a few new pin stripes. Have not mapped any routes myself, but using MapSource and this map you may be able to do it yourself. Nothing in the LP should be very difficult and chances of finding mud depends on the rain.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.