Grand Rapids, MI - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Grand Rapids, MI

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 10-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #91
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

You are not allowed to put your vehicle in the lake water off of Drummond Island. It's illegal. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us that go there Jonker.

Unread 10-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #92
oz97tj
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonker87 View Post

here are a few Drummond island pics!!!
So, you're one of the tards who drove into Lake Michigan? And now you are dumb enough to put more pictures up on? How the hell do you think it's ok to drive into the lake like that. Further, how do you think it's ok to drive off the trail out onto the Fossil Ledges and then into the water? Do you not have any respect for the law, other wheelers, or even yourself?

You should really sit down and have a chat with all your bonehead friends who were there and participated in this act and discuss how it is illegal and very stupid of you all. I really really hope LE contacts you all and writes you every ticket possible.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #93
oz97tj
2012 JK Wrangler 

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/a...Island_167.jpg

This is also fantastic. Not only did you drive into the water at the Fossil Ledges, but you drove into the lake in another location along the north loop. This also required you and your ******* friends to drive off the trail again.

Do you honestly think trails are just suggestions only?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #94
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Stay the F out of the lake. Stay on the trails. Or sell your damn jeep before you wreck it for those that hold Drummond close.
Alboy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #95
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien4208 View Post
So, along with The Mounds and Rocks 'n Valleys, I guess I definately have to add Drummond Island to "places to wheel" list!

Do any of those places have big gatherings or events that would be worth showing up at? I always enjoy, and feel a little safer, when there are more rigs out and about....

I also bought a Michigan Trails and ORV book from a local store. Its pretty thick and was told that it lists all the trails in MI up to this point. For 15 bucks, I figured it was worth it. Now I just gotta open the darn thing up and do some research!
check out twisted trails and bundy hill too.
glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #96
damien4208
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
check out twisted trails and bundy hill too.
I actually have been to Twisted Trails once. Pretty fun, except not to many other people wanted to play that day I guess
I like going to parks and trails when its like a planned event...something about checking out other people's rigs & ideas, watching others wheel and meeting new people makes for more fun to me!!!
- 4.7L stroker, 4.5" lift, 33" d!ck cepek FC-II, 4.88 Yukons, Flowmaster, APN header, MSD, Stage 2 Jet chip, bored 63mm intake, K&N Stage 2 intake, 180 degree Jet Thermostat, tranny cooler, beefed up transmission, new front end, diff covers, front OE tow hooks, CURT hitch, quick disco's, KC Dayliters
damien4208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #97
Michjeeper13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys.... New here I live in Greenville just north of gr, would like to meet some guys to go wheeling with hit me up
Michjeeper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #98
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #99
beakermedic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jk

Im in GR and looking for people to go wheeling with. Just got my Jeep like a month ago and am new to most of this but give me a shout if you don't mind a newbie. I have been up to Baldwin a few times in the last couple of weeks. Anybody else go up there?
beakermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #100
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beakermedic View Post
Im in GR and looking for people to go wheeling with. Just got my Jeep like a month ago and am new to most of this but give me a shout if you don't mind a newbie. I have been up to Baldwin a few times in the last couple of weeks. Anybody else go up there?
Beakermedic you should look up the Two Trackers Off Road Club - they are based out of the Grand Rapids area and are a member club of both GLFWDA and UFWDA.

http://www.twotrackers.org/
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #101
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
Beakermedic you should look up the Two Trackers Off Road Club - they are based out of the Grand Rapids area and are a member club of both GLFWDA and UFWDA.

http://www.twotrackers.org/
X2. Meetins are the first tuesday of the month at 7pm. Pm me for location.
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #102
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How active are the Two Trackers? The website only shows a few events - none recent.
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #103
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason44406 View Post
How active are the Two Trackers? The website only shows a few events - none recent.
Very. Their website isn't top notch. I've been a member for three months and we've done something every month since I joined. And by looking at the calander on our private forum there's at least one if not two events from now thru April. Besides wheeling, they are very into the local community as well as land use issues.
In all honesty I didn't think is like the club that much, but since options for legit Offroad clubs in grand rapids is limited, I joined anyways. And I have had an absolute blast so far. I really enjoy the people and the attitude of the club. It really is a great group to be part of.
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #104
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking to get involved with one, but I'm closer to Lansing, and there's nothing over here that I know of, and GR isn't terribly far away.
Unread 11-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #105
Alboy79
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason44406 View Post
I've been looking to get involved with one, but I'm closer to Lansing, and there's nothing over here that I know of, and GR isn't terribly far away.
We have a few members from lansing way already, as well as other sports much farther away.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.