Grand Rapids, MI - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Grand Rapids, MI

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #76
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdh_80 View Post
We are planning to go silver lake in mid September. Does anyone have any advice for a first timer. (Anything I should do or bring)
Thank you
Don't play in the water if you don't know how deep it is. Never go too fast over the top of a hill if you haven't gone over it before. You won't know if it drops off quick or not. Read the boundary signs and direction signs. Have fun!

Unread 08-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #77
mjdh_80
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the advice guys! MiWranglers, just a thought but an idea for your site would be to get links to the rental places, if that's possible. But some really great info on there. Thank you!
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #78
Skipsjh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just bought my 97 TJ. Good to see a lot of people in GR. I was really surprised with all the "Jeep waves" on the road.
Unread 09-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #79
mjdh_80
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from our 1st time at silver lake. It was a great weekend, we had a blast!

image-526932684.jpg

Kiddo sittin with a little flex

image-1726655249.jpg

My YJ and my cousin's XJ hangin out at the campsite.
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #80
damien4208
1998 ZJ 

My Jeep is going to be down for a little bit while I do an engine swap 'n overhaul

But when she is done and put back together I am down for going wheeling!!!

Already been to Silver Lake, Twisted Trails and Badlands and would definately go back to them, but would like to check out some new parks and trails....
- 4.7L stroker, 4.5" lift, 33" d!ck cepek FC-II, 4.88 Yukons, Flowmaster, APN header, MSD, Stage 2 Jet chip, bored 63mm intake, K&N Stage 2 intake, 180 degree Jet Thermostat, tranny cooler, beefed up transmission, new front end, diff covers, front OE tow hooks, CURT hitch, quick disco's, KC Dayliters
damien4208 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #81
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hate to try and peddle my Jeep But Anyone Want a 01 Xj with 130k... ill let it go cheap to good hands

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #82
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i am 2 hours and 25 minutes away from grand rapids. I am from saginaw area I been to the mounds its closest to me. the mounds are awesome with the new rock courses. I would like to go to rocks and valleys orv park.
JeepXJMike20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #83
damien4208
1998 ZJ 

I don't know how much wheeling I will be able to get in before the snow starts to fall due to the work I'm doing to my rig don't most parks/trails close for the winter or am I just crazy???

Haven't really done much winter wheeling but I would be up for it!

I have heard of the Mounds and Rocks 'n Valleys but never been, how are they?!

Once my engine swap is completed, maybe I can set up a trail ride or something.... or
- 4.7L stroker, 4.5" lift, 33" d!ck cepek FC-II, 4.88 Yukons, Flowmaster, APN header, MSD, Stage 2 Jet chip, bored 63mm intake, K&N Stage 2 intake, 180 degree Jet Thermostat, tranny cooler, beefed up transmission, new front end, diff covers, front OE tow hooks, CURT hitch, quick disco's, KC Dayliters
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #84
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The mounds is open all year around. they got awesome rock course and alot of mud. some trails. i want to make a trip to rocks and valleys never been there.
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #85
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Moundis closed to fullsize vehicles from mid-March to mid-May but open the rest of the year. Watch for Bruce's Chili Run at the end of February, great time to hit The Mounds in the winter. Rocks and Valleys in Harrison is open on a limited basis during hunting season and winter. We were up there last New Years day, it's a great place to play, stock to buggies will find something to play on.
Unread 10-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #86
damien4208
1998 ZJ 

I like places that have a little bit of everything for stockers to the extreme off-roaders...

Where would everyone say the best trails are in Michigan??? (whether it be park of a ORV park or just man made trails in the country, etc....)

The Badlands in IN had a pretty sweet, long trail that took you down a hill, into a creek, over some small rocks and tree strumps, through a tunnel with a nice dropoff at the end, and back up a hill....to me, that was a blast! Thats what I enjoy doing versus mud bogging or rock climbs....maybe its because I have a mild built rig and its also my DD???
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #87
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah. i would like to go to rocks and valley i heard they are awesome. i would like to go the badlands but way to far.
Unread 10-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #88
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I like that same trail at the Badlands. R&V has a good long one too, one of their Blue (Intermediate) trails towards the back of the park, can't remember the name (maybe Ron will chime in here). The Halfrisch Trail & Tight Twisties on Drummond Island are also favorites - in fact the whole trail system up on DI is good, if you have not driven out to Marble Head or SE Beach you have yet to see some of the great trails here in MI. A personal favorite is Pinball Alley near St Helen, especially in the snow.

My Jeep is also DD, 18k miles per year so I tend to avoid places where I am obviously doing to break something or lay it on its side.
Unread 10-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #89
damien4208
1998 ZJ 

So, along with The Mounds and Rocks 'n Valleys, I guess I definately have to add Drummond Island to "places to wheel" list!

Do any of those places have big gatherings or events that would be worth showing up at? I always enjoy, and feel a little safer, when there are more rigs out and about....

I also bought a Michigan Trails and ORV book from a local store. Its pretty thick and was told that it lists all the trails in MI up to this point. For 15 bucks, I figured it was worth it. Now I just gotta open the darn thing up and do some research!
Unread 10-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #90
JeepXJMike20
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i went wheeling at st helen orv trails/routes alot of trails there in west branch/st helen area

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.