It's been a week since I've updated so here we go. We went to Cascade Four Wheel Drive last week and picked up an arm full of parts and put at least another arm full on order. They should be here today. All new switches, dash lights, gauges, spring plates, shocks, steering stabilizer, fuel sending unit, halogen headlight conversion.
As far as actual work getting done, well... That's been minimal. A couple of belts, paint on the power steering pump, and all the pulleys. A few other miscellaneous parts painted. We did have our new glass taken out of the extra windshield frame, and put into the newly refinished one we just got back.
If all goes well and parts show up as expected our goal is to button up the chassis projects by the weekend, and by the first of the week get the body aligned and secured. then we can start re-assembly. I'll continue to update with pictures as actual process gets made. Thanks for reading.
Here is our current status and the completed accomplishments of the week.
New fuel sending unit - Check
New Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer - Check
1 of 2 New Spring Plates - Check
3 of 4 New Skyjacker Shocks - Check
(Waiting on spring plate to finish)
Scanning salvage yards for neutral safety switch wire harness - Located and installed.
New Rear brakes including drums - Check
New front Brakes including Calipers - Check
Replaced thermostat, painted the housing re assemble today.
Go Fast parts (Chrome) - Installed
We are still waiting on a spring plate, throttle cable, and gauge cluster hopefully today.
While it feels like we're falling behind we are still two months ahead of where we thought we'd be, due to the quick and super job from the guys over at spray tech. It does feel like I've spent more time chasing parts than anything this week. Once we can wrap up all these minor chassis projects, then we will get the body on and get to wiring. I'm positive things will start moving a little more fluid shortly.
OK, so the last spring plate came in and I now have it. That will get installed tonight along with the last shock. The last gasket for the wiper arms also came in, so we'll get to putting the windshield wiper transmission back together.
(Deep breath) Keeping my fingers crossed, we'll be putting the body on by Friday at the latest. Just want to give the chassis a once-over, one more time and make sure we didn't miss anything.
The down side to all this is the reality that I have a job that keeps me very busy, and my son's Senior Year Football Season is getting underway and we have a couple big family work projects planned at our cabin to get ready for Deer Season. And then to top it all off, I've finally (After 10 years) been drawn for a Michigan Bear license, and have that hunt and expense coming up in September. (Sorry for the rant)
All that being said, I still can't wait to fire this baby up for the first time. It will be nice when it makes motor sounds, instead of parts clanking together in a box sounds.
Well it's been a while and I don't have a ton to report. My son has been busy with football, And I've been hunting.
A few things have had some progress. Body is now aligned and on in it's perminate position. The windsheild is back together and on. Seats are bolted in. The roll bar is fitted and we'll start adjusting. We've started installing the heater box. The brake booster is painted and it and the mater-cylinder is ready to go back in. We've listed a bunch of the old tires and wheels and a bunch of parts on craiglist to try to re-coop some $$$ to finish.
Once the heater is in and complete we'lll be ready for the wiring and dashboard.
I'll keep posting as more gets done. Thanks for looking.
OK so football season is behind us and for the most part so is hunting season. The stark reality of our deadline has set in. We need to have this thing done and road worthy before the Blessing. Only 4 month. WHAT! (Keep your fingers crossed).
Last night we put the heater box back together making way to get going on installing the new wiring harness. Wish us luck. We'll keep you posted.