Grand Rapids CJ 7 Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Grand Rapids CJ 7 Build

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 07-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
GR8DEER

More pictures on the chassis and motor later.

GR8DEER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #17
GR8DEER

Sooooo. The Body Is Back!!!!

It really looks good.
body-coated-1.jpg   body-coated-2.jpg   body-coated-3.jpg   body-coated-4.jpg  
Unread 07-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #18
GR8DEER

This is the place that did the coating. they are very reasonable on their prices.

Hub Cap Tire & Wheel/Spray Tech Coatings.
7364 S. Division, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
616-827-8827

Kevin is the owner over there.
body-coated-5.jpg  
Unread 07-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
blazn4dr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8DEER View Post
Sooooo. The Body Is Back!!!!

It really looks good.
Turned out real nice.
blazn4dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 07:17 AM   #20
GR8DEER

It's been a week since I've updated so here we go. We went to Cascade Four Wheel Drive last week and picked up an arm full of parts and put at least another arm full on order. They should be here today. All new switches, dash lights, gauges, spring plates, shocks, steering stabilizer, fuel sending unit, halogen headlight conversion.

As far as actual work getting done, well... That's been minimal. A couple of belts, paint on the power steering pump, and all the pulleys. A few other miscellaneous parts painted. We did have our new glass taken out of the extra windshield frame, and put into the newly refinished one we just got back.

If all goes well and parts show up as expected our goal is to button up the chassis projects by the weekend, and by the first of the week get the body aligned and secured. then we can start re-assembly. I'll continue to update with pictures as actual process gets made. Thanks for reading.
Unread 07-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #21
88yjproject
2002 WJ 

Great CJ. Lookin good.
Unread 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
XJcaveman
1999 XJ Cherokee 

get too work, wanna see more updates
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:07 AM   #23
GR8DEER

Here is our current status and the completed accomplishments of the week.

New fuel sending unit - Check
New Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer - Check
1 of 2 New Spring Plates - Check
3 of 4 New Skyjacker Shocks - Check
(Waiting on spring plate to finish)
Scanning salvage yards for neutral safety switch wire harness - Located and installed.
New Rear brakes including drums - Check
New front Brakes including Calipers - Check
Replaced thermostat, painted the housing re assemble today.
Go Fast parts (Chrome) - Installed

We are still waiting on a spring plate, throttle cable, and gauge cluster hopefully today.

While it feels like we're falling behind we are still two months ahead of where we thought we'd be, due to the quick and super job from the guys over at spray tech. It does feel like I've spent more time chasing parts than anything this week. Once we can wrap up all these minor chassis projects, then we will get the body on and get to wiring. I'm positive things will start moving a little more fluid shortly.
img_0017.jpg   img_0018.jpg   img_0019.jpg   img_0020.jpg   img_0021.jpg  

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #24
GR8DEER

OK, so the last spring plate came in and I now have it. That will get installed tonight along with the last shock. The last gasket for the wiper arms also came in, so we'll get to putting the windshield wiper transmission back together.

(Deep breath) Keeping my fingers crossed, we'll be putting the body on by Friday at the latest. Just want to give the chassis a once-over, one more time and make sure we didn't miss anything.

The down side to all this is the reality that I have a job that keeps me very busy, and my son's Senior Year Football Season is getting underway and we have a couple big family work projects planned at our cabin to get ready for Deer Season. And then to top it all off, I've finally (After 10 years) been drawn for a Michigan Bear license, and have that hunt and expense coming up in September. (Sorry for the rant)

All that being said, I still can't wait to fire this baby up for the first time. It will be nice when it makes motor sounds, instead of parts clanking together in a box sounds.
Unread 08-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #25
GR8DEER

So the last of the parts I had on order came in on Friday. We got to start putting the body on (partially bolted) but now we can start making progress. Here are some pics of where we are at.
img_0052.jpg   img_0053.jpg   img_0054.jpg   img_0055.jpg   img_0058.jpg  

Unread 08-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
BubbaX
2008 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you for showing it off. Looking great.
BubbaX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #27
GR8DEER

Well it's been a while and I don't have a ton to report. My son has been busy with football, And I've been hunting.

A few things have had some progress. Body is now aligned and on in it's perminate position. The windsheild is back together and on. Seats are bolted in. The roll bar is fitted and we'll start adjusting. We've started installing the heater box. The brake booster is painted and it and the mater-cylinder is ready to go back in. We've listed a bunch of the old tires and wheels and a bunch of parts on craiglist to try to re-coop some $$$ to finish.

Once the heater is in and complete we'lll be ready for the wiring and dashboard.

I'll keep posting as more gets done. Thanks for looking.
jeep-pic-1.jpg  
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM   #28
Jonker87

what kinda wheels and tires do you have?
Jonker87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #29
GR8DEER

The wheel are made by Ultra Wheel. They ar Black HD Mods, 17x9.

The Tires are the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 35-1250R17.
Unread 12-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #30
GR8DEER

OK so football season is behind us and for the most part so is hunting season. The stark reality of our deadline has set in. We need to have this thing done and road worthy before the Blessing. Only 4 month. WHAT! (Keep your fingers crossed).

Last night we put the heater box back together making way to get going on installing the new wiring harness. Wish us luck. We'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.