detroit metro trails mud pits? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > detroit metro trails mud pits?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #31
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, from the LP (downriver) heading up for a month ....just trying to figure out how to get my a jeep there. Can't afford driving both vehicles up.
And can't bring just the Jeep.
Trying to find a car hauler or someone to carpool up with.

Scram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #32
bobjp

The closest place is Bundy Hill. Beyond that, you'll have to drive 3+ hours north to hit any trails. The DNR website shows which trails are open to Jeeps (very few), but I find the seasonal roads near any of the state/national forrests more interesting anyhow.

Here are some ORV areas, but some are pretty far from Detroit:
The Mounds
Bundy Hill
Oakville Mud Bogg near Milan (just heard of this place)
St Helens ORV Area
Silver Lake
Rocks and Valleys
Drummond Island
Twisted Trails

Your Jeep will handle any of those locations.
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #33
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've got a thread over in jeep picture request...Michigan jeeps.....post some pics if you guys have any.
Scram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
Physiks

I lived in the Roscommon/ Saint helen area for quite awhile. All the trails that way are accessible by ANY 4x4 vehicle (Jeeps, Chevy's, Ford's, Quads, Dirtbikes, etc, etc) as long as you have an ORV sticker, the Sticker is about 12 $ I believe at any of the gas stations in town, They just built a new Rock climbing area out by First crossing. (Your bound to end up over there, even if you start in the next town over). They have trails that go for MILES, I'm originally from the metro Detroit area so I know Michigan pretty well. They have a Saint helen, Roscommon ORV trail head around Dundee, MI somewhere I believe, towards the Ohio border, Which is 3+ hours away from Saint Helen.

If your headed past exit 222. Stop in Saint Helen. Your bound to find something there you like.
Physiks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #35
bobjp

You really need to post the GPS coordinates of this Dundee trail or stop saying it exists. There are seriously no trails in south east Michigan.

Scram, this is the website you want to use to find ORV trails. You'll have to open each map to see whether it is open to Jeeps.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...8330--,00.html

But honestly, I have more fun on seasonal roads or in the ORV areas listed above than on any Michigan ORV trails.
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #36
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physiks View Post
I lived in the Roscommon/ Saint helen area for quite awhile. All the trails that way are accessible by ANY 4x4 vehicle (Jeeps, Chevy's, Ford's, Quads, Dirtbikes, etc, etc) as long as you have an ORV sticker, the Sticker is about 12 $ I believe at any of the gas stations in town, They just built a new Rock climbing area out by First crossing. (Your bound to end up over there, even if you start in the next town over). They have trails that go for MILES, I'm originally from the metro Detroit area so I know Michigan pretty well. They have a Saint helen, Roscommon ORV trail head around Dundee, MI somewhere I believe, towards the Ohio border, Which is 3+ hours away from Saint Helen.

If your headed past exit 222. Stop in Saint Helen. Your bound to find something there you like.
I hate to keep beating you up on this subject, but you are incorrect - the St Helen/Roscommon area has some great ORV routes, ORV trails and MCCCT trails, but there are very specific restrictions on some of those trails:

MCCCT is single track for motorcycles only
ORV trails can be used by any ORV less than 50" wide (ATV/MX)
OUR Routes are open to all users with a valid ORV permit

And as bobjp pointed out, there is nothing in the ORV system that is even close to Dundee or the OH border.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.