detroit metro trails mud pits? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > detroit metro trails mud pits?

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #16
USD2B
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Last time i went to 29 & Mound i got a trespassing ticket. I used to go to Adams & Crooks before they built the Wal-Mart and everything...but i got a trespassing ticket there too. Now that I have "grown up" a bit, I am staying away from the private land unless i have permission. Dont want any more tickets.

USD2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
00jeepthing

Ive been to the 21 n gratiot place before, when i had my lifted exploder...lol but that was 10+ years ago. cool place, good hills n trails. but it is private land. drive by all the time i havent seen any trucks back their in a few years now. I just head up to my place up north n hit state trails or bullgap. I also know some people up there to go off roading.
00jeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatom View Post
actully right over there is that cit-go gas station i do believe. if u take that street up about one minute down the street on the left you will see little mud where me and some pals have ripped it up. the trails we made go back into the edison power feild, theres a river and what not back there. not really anything back there but some trails. i live about 5 minutes from there so its fun to just putts around back there.

if anyone around here wants a "illegal" spot to offroad right on jefferson past crocker theres a spot with some trails. becarful comeing into the trails cuz theres a pond with ruts around it that are really bad(seen 10" lifted bronco get burryed). really fun spot right over there.
"STOP WHEELING ILLEGALLY"

You ruin it for everyone else and that's why trails are getting closed all over the country because a few bad apples are doing stupid things like this and then bragging about it.
DNR and conservation groups monitors websites like this one just to use posts like this to add to their growing list of trails to be closed.

GROW UP!!
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

What's at 21 & gratiot? I live a few miles from there. Or is it on Fairchild?
KyleD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #20
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do you own the land?
If not then don't go wheeling on it!
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #21
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot magnet
Do you own the land?
If not then don't go wheeling on it!
I don't plan in it I'm just curious. I can't afford any tickets lol
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
2003Sahara
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleD31 View Post
I don't plan in it I'm just curious. I can't afford any tickets lol
I live right down the road off 21 and dont go in there alot of tickets given. In fact read back thru above posts dont go anywhere that isnt legal the Mounds is the closest to you if you want mud.
ORJ4x4.com
2003Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #23
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003Sahara

I live right down the road off 21 and dont go in there alot of tickets given. In fact read back thru above posts dont go anywhere that isnt legal the Mounds is the closest to you if you want mud.
Ill check that place out. I'm also going to see if my aunt and uncle in yale will make or trail or something on their property
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
2003Sahara
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleD31 View Post
Ill check that place out. I'm also going to see if my aunt and uncle in yale will make or trail or something on their property
Check out our site we have trips coming up you can go on and theres people posting individual trips to Bundy Hill and the Mounds quite a bit during the summer. Private property is great option you could get lots of people to come out.
ORJ4x4.com
2003Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003Sahara

Check out our site we have trips coming up you can go on and theres people posting individual trips to Bundy Hill and the Mounds quite a bit during the summer. Private property is great option you could get lots of people to come out.
Will do!
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #26
Physiks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Edison line are not even close to be legally accessed. Now some power companies do allow you to use their roads to drive on but not here in Michigan. They do not see that they could have a benefit from it.. Because most people that would use them for trash dumps. Instead of for just off roading which would keep them open for them too.
I'm originally from metro detroit, I lived in the St. Helen area for quite awhile. We have a few mile long two track that lets you ride right underneath the towers for the power lines, completely LEGAL. Also, there is a Roscommon county / Saint Helen trailhead down around dundee, mi. (toward the ohio border)

You boys can hit that and see where it takes ya, its a nice trail, they groom it in the winter months for snowmachines and what not. It runs from the opening in dundee all the way north to the Mackinac bridge. and like i said, plenty of little branch off's from their.

Find your own way, thats usually what I do, my rig gets me over, under, around and through anything i need to get to.
Physiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physiks View Post
I'm originally from metro detroit, I lived in the St. Helen area for quite awhile. We have a few mile long two track that lets you ride right underneath the towers for the power lines, completely LEGAL. Also, there is a Roscommon county / Saint Helen trailhead down around dundee, mi. (toward the ohio border)

You boys can hit that and see where it takes ya, its a nice trail, they groom it in the winter months for snowmachines and what not. It runs from the opening in dundee all the way north to the Mackinac bridge. and like i said, plenty of little branch off's from their.

Find your own way, thats usually what I do, my rig gets me over, under, around and through anything i need to get to.
Great first post.

Unless you are on a marked ORV Route or a county/township road that runs along a gas right of way or the power lines, you are trespassing.

A trail head in the Dundee area? There are no designated ORV routes anywhere in the southern third of the state, and a continuous trail from there to St Helen/Roscommon County does not exist. Nor is there anything except I-75 that runs from Dundee to the Big Mac.

But thanks for contributing your thoughts?!?
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
bobjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
Great first post.

Unless you are on a marked ORV Route or a county/township road that runs along a gas right of way or the power lines, you are trespassing.

A trail head in the Dundee area? There are no designated ORV routes anywhere in the southern third of the state, and a continuous trail from there to St Helen/Roscommon County does not exist. Nor is there anything except I-75 that runs from Dundee to the Big Mac.

But thanks for contributing your thoughts?!?
I just figured there has been an ORV trail running through Ann Arbor and Flint that I've missed all this time.

There seem to be a lot of "mystery trail" posts on this forum.
Unread 06-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #29
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey guys...
Not looking at mudding at all but more of a 2 track, forrest service road, nice scenic drive etc. Something fun but not needing a winch and a lift.
Scram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #30
bobjp

Are you coming up here or something? Where about? Check out the Michigan DNR website for trails, but the 2 tracks are more interesting than trails.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.