JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Michigan Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/)
-   -   detroit metro trails mud pits? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/detroit-metro-trails-mud-pits-1267723/)

timatom 09-21-2011 07:11 PM

detroit metro trails mud pits?

heyy im looking for new little spots to go play around a little bit in the detroit metro aera.

couple sots i been to,
21mile and Gratiot,
29mile and mound,
behind Genos surf on Jefferson and about 16 mile.
14 and schooner

just curious to see whats out there for trails and stuff around.

let me know we may be able to get some jeepers together and tool around or sum :cheers2:

phittie1100 09-24-2011 04:28 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you have permission from the landowners of those locations, none of them are legal. The closest legal places to you are going to be Bundy Hill (Jackson) The Mounds (Flint) or state land in Gladwin, West Branch or St Helen.

MattBMiller 10-06-2011 08:29 AM

What's at 29 Mile and Mound? The gravel pits?

giguy0079 10-06-2011 07:14 PM

Theirs heiss road, by maybee, mi seasonal road

computeruser 10-13-2011 09:18 AM

Last I checked there isn't any public land where ORV use is permitted in the metro Detroit area. One of the unfortunate consequences of choosing to live in a built-up, suburban area.

Paul04TJ 10-13-2011 11:42 AM

My Son and I are heading to Bundy Hill tomorrow afternoon. I think they open at 4:00

timatom 10-16-2011 11:25 AM

bundy hill, one of the best places i have ridden at in a loongggg time!.

Paul04TJ 10-17-2011 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, Bundy wasn't open, so we went to the Mounds.
My first and probably last visit there.
Don't care for mud, and the trails aren't marked.
We've been to Rocks and Valleys, need to get to Bundy.

wjbob03 10-17-2011 05:43 PM

yeah im in Livonia, not even a dirt road :( Have a buddy that takes a full size Bronco to bundy all the time, definitely going to tag along next trip. Heard all good reviews.

DetroitMarauder 11-16-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timatom (Post 12205474)
heyy im looking for new little spots to go play around a little bit in the detroit metro aera.

couple sots i been to,
21mile and Gratiot,
29mile and mound,
behind Genos surf on Jefferson and about 16 mile.
14 and schooner

just curious to see whats out there for trails and stuff around.

let me know we may be able to get some jeepers together and tool around or sum :cheers2:

Regarding the last one: you mean 14 mile and Scheonherr? if so, what the heck is there? I live 3 miles from there and cannot picture what you're referring to. There is a Big Lots, Kroger, Bowling Alley, O'Reilly Auto Parts, some apartments. I know there is a big lot at Moravian and Schoenherr but I'm pretty sure it's private property.

Gr8archer 11-16-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phittie1100 (Post 12219515)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you have permission from the landowners of those locations, none of them are legal. The closest legal places to you are going to be Bundy Hill (Jackson) The Mounds (Flint) or state land in Gladwin, West Branch or St Helen.

x2... please do not go driving in random mud pits, it really makes our sport look bad when you are tearing up someone else's land...

heffel13 11-23-2011 11:40 AM

What are you driving on all the abandon house or what?

timatom 02-07-2012 03:59 PM

actully right over there is that cit-go gas station i do believe. if u take that street up about one minute down the street on the left you will see little mud where me and some pals have ripped it up. the trails we made go back into the edison power feild, theres a river and what not back there. not really anything back there but some trails. i live about 5 minutes from there so its fun to just putts around back there.

if anyone around here wants a "illegal" spot to offroad right on jefferson past crocker theres a spot with some trails. becarful comeing into the trails cuz theres a pond with ruts around it that are really bad(seen 10" lifted bronco get burryed). really fun spot right over there.

phittie1100 02-07-2012 06:34 PM

I love how you "quoted" illegal, like you are not believing that what you are doing could possible be against the law (actually a couple, but who's counting anyway?). You and your pals are ripping up someone else's property without their written permission - what part don't you get?

dodger889 02-10-2012 08:00 PM

Edison line are not even close to be legally accessed. Now some power companies do allow you to use their roads to drive on but not here in Michigan. They do not see that they could have a benefit from it.. Because most people that would use them for trash dumps. Instead of for just off roading which would keep them open for them too.

The time now is 05:37 PM.