Battle creek - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > Battle creek

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 09-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
rjmoss14

Battle creek

Anyone from the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area that knows of some local trails??

rjmoss14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yankee Springs, as long as you have an ORV sticker. Then there is Rouches down in Three Rivers. Kids in the Mudd in Gobles. Those are all the legal trails in the area.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
bobjp

Yankee springs is a small state rec area with only hiking/biking trails.

Can you post a link for "Rouches". I can't find anything on the internet.
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Actually, there are miles of seasonal roads around Yankee Springs, and there is no link to Rouches, it's behind Rouches Outdoor Equipment.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
mavfire
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I just drove sager road, hart road, and petes...these are great two tracks with some low technical areas in the yankee springs area. Go from Whitmore rd area between gun lake and 179. Pick your way through. I am working on mapping them right now.

Last edited by mavfire; 09-30-2013 at 02:31 PM..
mavfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfire
I just drove sager road, hart road, and petes...these are great two tracks with some low technical areas in the yankee springs area. Go from Whitmore rd area between gun lake and 179. Pick your way through. I am working on mapping them right now.
X2. Many miles of what I'd call "light trails" out there, and many more of nice driving gravel roads through and around the woods. Rubicon0311 already put down some good info for you here that I will second. ORV sticker required. There are also several small lakes around back there if you feel like a little fishing.

If you want some harder wheeling, Kids in the Mudd is a decent spot. Lots of mud, a few obstacles, and some pretty fun trails through the woods. Not terribly far from Kzoo either.

Just don't feel like there's nowhere to go and tear up people's property and make us all look bad!

I'm pretty close to Yankee, and can show you around the area if I'm around
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #7
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Just saying but I'm pretty sure you don't need an ORV sticker for Yankee, it's all seasonal legal roads. . .They even show up on my GPS. But for the "trails" I'm not sure about a sticker, i.e. when it goes from Hart Road to Hart Trail. . .
mtnbiker995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #8
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker995
Just saying but I'm pretty sure you don't need an ORV sticker for Yankee, it's all seasonal legal roads. . .They even show up on my GPS. But for the "trails" I'm not sure about a sticker, i.e. when it goes from Hart Road to Hart Trail. . .
Alot of the trails have an "ORV permit required" sign posted...if it's not destroyed. But I think you are right in that not every trail requires it. But once you get one you're into all the state parks and rec. areas anyway.
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #9
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Alot of the trails have an "ORV permit required" sign posted...if it's not destroyed. But I think you are right in that not every trail requires it. But once you get one you're into all the state parks and rec. areas anyway.
This is true, you also need a recreational passport to go with it though
mtnbiker995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #10
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh yeah. I always forget about that, I just get it on the plate.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.