alignment shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Michigan Jeep Forum > alignment shop

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
KzooXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

alignment shop

just wondering if anybody knows of a good place to get an alignment done on a lifted jeep. had Bell tire do it last time and wasnt real impressed with there work.

KzooXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've never had an issue with Belle Tire on Westnedge. They do my Jeep on 35's and my truck. Also one of the few places that will do oversized tires around here.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

Belle tire again for sure
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am not so sure about Belle Tire anymore. Last month I took the Jeep in for tire balancing after grinding some wheel weights off playing in the rocks. They made a big deal about asking me to come out to the service bay to show me a significant problem the identified...my tires were too big for the Jeep. The tires they sold me and installed. Last week they wrote me up an estimate to replace my leaking rear axle seals when I was in getting the tires rotated. But the quote referenced pinion seals, and said there was one on each side. Since I had recently wheeled it hard I drove up to Saginaw to Ironman Offroad, Dale just did a complete rebuild on that axle less than a year ago. No leaks or issues at all.

Maybe just my local store?
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
I am not so sure about Belle Tire anymore. Last month I took the Jeep in for tire balancing after grinding some wheel weights off playing in the rocks. They made a big deal about asking me to come out to the service bay to show me a significant problem the identified...my tires were too big for the Jeep. The tires they sold me and installed. Last week they wrote me up an estimate to replace my leaking rear axle seals when I was in getting the tires rotated. But the quote referenced pinion seals, and said there was one on each side. Since I had recently wheeled it hard I drove up to Saginaw to Ironman Offroad, Dale just did a complete rebuild on that axle less than a year ago. No leaks or issues at all.

Maybe just my local store?
I would say it's probably just your local store. I haven't met anyone that dumb around here

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
bobjp

What are you aligning. The only adjustable alignment without replacing parts is to, and you can set that yourself. Camber can be adjusted with ball joints,but it doesn't sound like you're doing that.
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

To bring this back up, I just took my lifted WJ with adjustable long arms up front to the Belle Tire on Gull Rd. They wanted to charge me an extra arm and two legs (almost triple their normal price) because its lifted. Anyone know of any other decent places in Kzoo? Or any experience with the Goodyear on Westnedge? I am heading up there for them to look at it tomorrow.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
ezflip
NEWS FLASH It snows in MI

2002 WJ 

Goodyear just wanted one extra arm....after they made me sit there two hours before telling me that. At firestone on westnedge right now. They are getting it done for regular price, but I had show them how to do it haha.

Sent from inside my dinosoar head.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
Porscheguy

You can do your own alignment. Tighten your rotors down with the lugs(rims off) clamp a piece of steel preferably pre-ground about 3ft long on each rotor and measure the distance between both pieces with a tape measure. you can set caster, camber, toe.... easy way to save about $75
Porscheguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #10
laffman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I do my own. Put a nail thru a board and bend it to a angle. Lift the front tires off the ground. Put the nail against the tire and spin the tire to draw a line on the tire. Repeat on the other tire. Now using this lines at measuring points, measure the front and rear. The front of the tire should be 1/16" - 1/8" narrower than the rear of the tire. I double checked myself once and had an alignment done after doing myself. The shop said the alignment was perfect.
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #11
clgielin
2003 WJ 

That covers toe adjustment, but what about camber and caster on a lifted Jeep? I use the angle clamped on the rotors for toe and a mag angle finder for caster. I don't have adj. ball joints, so the camber is fixed.

The lift manufacturer generally provides alignment specs in degrees that you can measure to.

2003 WJ 4.7L
Build Thread Here: 2003 WJ
Michigan Tech Jeepers #4
Utah JeepCrew #16
clgielin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #12
Schvin
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I feel like it may be your local shop lol. I work at a belle tre in wyoming, and I have a wrangler in 33's, there's ad xj on 35's, another on 33's, and another on 31's. we all wheel, and we work on PLENTY of other lifted vehicles with oversized tires at our location, and we don't usually have any issues. There's even a local guy/fabricator here, apocalypse 4x4, he brings all his customer rigs to us for alignments and tires.

image-2645775180.jpg

Here's one today actually lol
Schvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.