Wheeling the Region - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Wheeling the Region

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 05-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
nwiTJdave

Wheeling the Region

I am thinking of putting together a poker run style 4x4 event in northwest Indiana called Wheeling the Region with all proceeds going to the wounded warrior project or trying to find a contractor in the area that would donate his crew and build ramps to homes or something similar with the money raised going to materials. I don't know where to start as i would like to find 5 properties in the region. Does anyone know anyone in the region that maybe willing to open up for this? I am thinking of trying to get a hold of DNR and trying to see if either Michigan City Beach or the Dunes state park. I am only thinking light wheeling where you don't air down just engage the 4wd to a poin, get your card and exit out. I know in this area there is the northwest Indiana jeepers and the northwest Indiana hummers. Does anyone know any other clubs in the area? Like I said I'm just thinking of ideas. Hell, I'm not sure I could even pull enough together for this August or not at this point but I know a similar event in Fort Wayne attracts hundreds of jeeps only. Any ideas or input would be appreciated. I'm going to try and talk to the va to see if anyone in the region needs light construction as well as ed solliday (state rep from my area) to see if he can pull the beach strings or some other state property in the area.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
ryan6580
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im a union carpenter out of the laporte local. I can ask at the next meeting for possible volunteers!
ryan6580 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
Moose340
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Im part of a group called Jeppin in Indiana thats out of fort wayne. I would be glad to help out or volunteer any way I could. I also have ties into the DNR
Moose340 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
nwiTJdave

Ok, this weekend I will put together a rough draft plan and make a few phone calls and emails out to some of the local 4 wheel clubs. I also attend Pnc in westville and am a part of the veterans club so i will try and get some volunteers from that as well.

Does 5 stops in 3 counties seem excessive? Should I just narrow it down to lake and porter county and exclude laporte county? I have an idea or two of where to have it but need to figure out if they will first donate the facilities for free and find out some food choices for lunch. The price of admission will have to cover that i am sure. My thought for lunch is to talk to subway or jimmy johns and work out something for like $3 or $4 per sandwich plus some chips. Something easy to get back on the road with and easy to make.

My only other concern is liability. If something happens while someone is out driving I don't want to be responsible. I will obviously have to figure out a waiver form but obviously those don't always uphold in the courts.

Unread 05-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I can run it by at our next meeting (Bass Pro every 3rd Friday of the Month) or if you want to come and talk about it that would be great too. I'm sure they would be interested since some are in the military and or are X military.

We are on Facebook too (NWI Jeepers). Like us and you'll be able to post on there if you want.

Lake and Porter counties sound good.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
nwiTJdave

Thanks, I will see what I can do sometime. I work right by there on Highway 20

Unread 05-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
torange
2012 JK Wrangler 

could not find nwi jeepers on facebook
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
nwiTJdave

I'm drawing a blank on where to even start. I don't know if I should propose it first to a dealership or to a major business to act as a sponsor. I've tried to contact O'Daniel's Jeep it Ft Wayne for some guidance but have yet to hear back

Unread 05-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
nwiTJdave

Bump for a renewed spirit to make this happen this summer.

I am planning on shooting for August 23rd (Its a Saturday). I am thinking costs of $25 per driver and $10 for each passenger (does this seem high?). Price would include entry to the event and a grab and go lunch and a predetermined location.

Here's a list of things I need. If anyone wants to step in and help secure some of these items, I would be tickled pink. Also, if anyone sees something I am missing, please chime in as well.

1. 5 wheeling locations in Porter and Lake or Porter and LaPorte Counties
2. Location for starting point and after party.
3. Sponsors for giveaways and helping the offset of some of the costs, silent auction items.
4. Lunch Supplier.
5. DJ or Band to play after the day is over.
6. Events to do after the Poker Run (RTI Ramp, etc)
7. Someone to provide cash sales for food and drinks afterwards (Beer, Burgers, Brats, etc)
8. Advertisement of the event on the radio or through other social media outlets.
9. Select charity to donate to.
10. Find volunteers. Depending on the wheeling locations, I am thinking anywhere from 15 to 20 people? Help register, collect money, hand out cards at events, help out other various ways at the main party location.
11. A way to mark vehicles and passengers that they are part of this event. I am thinking of something like this place http://custom.carstickers.com/custom...stom-stickers/ but with the words Wheeling The Region 2014 (maybe WTR like the country code stickers that are oval in shape?) or some other logo? If I order 100, the price is .80cents each. I honestly have no clue how many people would actually attend so ordering more kind of scares me. 100 vehicles is quite a bit, especially for the first year. But getting some local clubs involved will help out greatly.
12. Purchase playing cards

Does it seem like I am forgetting anything?

Unread 05-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #10
RILEY-123456789
2009 JK Wrangler 

There's also Mishiana jeep club. And would this be open to minors?
RILEY-123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.