Bump for a renewed spirit to make this happen this summer.
I am planning on shooting for August 23rd (Its a Saturday). I am thinking costs of $25 per driver and $10 for each passenger (does this seem high?). Price would include entry to the event and a grab and go lunch and a predetermined location.
Here's a list of things I need. If anyone wants to step in and help secure some of these items, I would be tickled pink. Also, if anyone sees something I am missing, please chime in as well.
1. 5 wheeling locations in Porter and Lake or Porter and LaPorte Counties
2. Location for starting point and after party.
3. Sponsors for giveaways and helping the offset of some of the costs, silent auction items.
4. Lunch Supplier.
5. DJ or Band to play after the day is over.
6. Events to do after the Poker Run (RTI Ramp, etc)
7. Someone to provide cash sales for food and drinks afterwards (Beer, Burgers, Brats, etc)
8. Advertisement of the event on the radio or through other social media outlets.
9. Select charity to donate to.
10. Find volunteers. Depending on the wheeling locations, I am thinking anywhere from 15 to 20 people? Help register, collect money, hand out cards at events, help out other various ways at the main party location.
11. A way to mark vehicles and passengers that they are part of this event. I am thinking of something like this place http://custom.carstickers.com/custom...stom-stickers/
but with the words Wheeling The Region 2014 (maybe WTR like the country code stickers that are oval in shape?) or some other logo? If I order 100, the price is .80cents each. I honestly have no clue how many people would actually attend so ordering more kind of scares me. 100 vehicles is quite a bit, especially for the first year. But getting some local clubs involved will help out greatly.
12. Purchase playing cards
Does it seem like I am forgetting anything?