Suggestions for new jeep owner! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Suggestions for new jeep owner!

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Suggestions for new jeep owner!

Hey guys & gals.
I am the proud owner of a '98 wrangler as of last week

Been reading great things about Badlands, would love to check it out some time but nobody to go with.

Are there any "newbie" days or group rides where more experienced jeep guys can give advice to guys like me that have zero jeep experience?? I'd love to meet & spend a day out there & soak in the advice, but would hate to be the guy "holding back a group" because of lack-of-experience.

The way my jeep is setup from the previous owner, it is likely way more capable than my skills....probably for some time to come!

Any advice?

Thanks!
Jeff

Shark_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Nickit1981
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_13 View Post
Hey guys & gals.
I am the proud owner of a '98 wrangler as of last week

Been reading great things about Badlands, would love to check it out some time but nobody to go with.

Are there any "newbie" days or group rides where more experienced jeep guys can give advice to guys like me that have zero jeep experience?? I'd love to meet & spend a day out there & soak in the advice, but would hate to be the guy "holding back a group" because of lack-of-experience.

The way my jeep is setup from the previous owner, it is likely way more capable than my skills....probably for some time to come!

Any advice?

Thanks!
Jeff

ask to ride with some experienced riders.. most are friendly enough to let you tag along for a while and show you the ropes. Badlands is a good time.. There is also Redbird... and The Cliffs that are within a reasonable amount of driving from you. Welcome to your new addiction. If you ever wanna wheel with me and the group I normally go with.. just say the word. We usually go at least once a month.. and bounce from park to park.
Nickit1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hi Jeff, Glad you are having fun too. We go about once a month, and it's a group of all different ages. You are welcome to come with us, and we like to record the trails. My jeep it's a stock unlimited at the moment, so I can only do so much. I'm not trying to sound like a big shot, but I'm a very good driver. So for what I can take on, it should be a good match.
Warbossjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm there at least 1 time per month as many of us here are too. Let us know if you would like to ride along or meet up sometime to have some fun!
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the warm welcome

I may try to join a group(once i get some needed things for the jeep to be more prepared), sounds like allot of fun.
Unread 12-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

If you are up for it, I think a lot of is are going to the ride for MS on the 1st. Many of us are going to meet at the TGI Fridays at noon.
Unread 12-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the invite!
We're heading out of town for New Year's.....but next time for sure! Appreciate the offer
Unread 12-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'll be glad to post when I go. So I will let you know the next time I go.
Unread 01-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #9
Drock82

I just bought a 2004 liberty .I need to add extraction points and I will be heading to the badlands. For the first time , I will be looking for some hombres to show me the ropes .
Drock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #10
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Little concerned you are trying in a liberty. But if you are lifted it could be ok.
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Drock82

I am not lifted yet , that will be coming this spring . But for now I am not looking at anything serious juat some fun outdoors in the woods . A man and his machine . I am trying to get my wife interested in it so I have to ease her in slow. My previous was an xj with 4 inch lift other then that it was stock did okay in farm fields and ditches but never a legal place to play.
Drock82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
Hulk04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the same situation. Just bought my TJ at the beginning of December and have been itching to get to some trails with some guys. The snow held me over for a little bit...but I know it wont for long haha. Let me know if you guys get a group to go, I would be thrilled to join

04' electric lime green TJ 4.0-Hulk
Hulk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
Warbossjerry
2013 JK Wrangler 

Glad to do that. I how to have my little yellow jeep ready by March. It's stock and is getting a 4" lift and a new bumper with wench
Unread 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #14
Shark_13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Been going through the Jeep a bit, handling much better now after getting the drop Pitman arm off, and replaced some bushings. Winch should be installed in a couple weeks, can't wait!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.