Small run, Badlands on Sat the 24th. JeepsGoneWild crew? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > Great Lakes USA > Indiana Jeep Forum > Small run, Badlands on Sat the 24th. JeepsGoneWild crew?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 05-23-2008, 10:46 PM   #16
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Let's see some pictures Jeff

IGotADisneyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #17
TheEddie

Glad to hear you had a good time Jeff. I cant wait!

Sunny and 70s tomorrow, wooo!

Past Jeeps: 01 TJ, 97 TJ, 98 XJ, 2000 WJ
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2008, 01:35 AM   #18
Strizzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

iSorry Eddie, but I wont be able to make it. My sister came in town for the weekend and i haven't seen her since December. Have fun and take pics.
Strizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #19
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzy123 View Post
iSorry Eddie, but I wont be able to make it. My sister came in town for the weekend and i haven't seen her since December. Have fun and take pics.
No problem Steve. I had a good time, but we left early due to my buddy getting a little more damage than he wanted. (smashed bumper up into rear hatch, gouged 8-10" worth of metal on the rockers and tore off the rear bumper end caps.) I only suffered some scraped rear end caps and bent the bumper slightly up just enough to notice the gap difference. It was a downer for him though.

Whatever you guys do, don't go through the big tubes and drop into the water on the other side. My sliders saved me alot of grief.

Unread 05-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #20
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hi Eddie and sorry about your friends jeep

The tube is bad... That's why I never lead our group though that because, It's a hard drop plus the metal is bad on the sides. It's sharp and can do a lot of damage.

By the way... What trails did you run? And, Let's see some pictures
Unread 05-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotADisneyJeep View Post
Hi Eddie and sorry about your friends jeep

The tube is bad... That's why I never lead our group though that because, It's a hard drop plus the metal is bad on the sides. It's sharp and can do a lot of damage.

By the way... What trails did you run? And, Let's see some pictures
I've run the tube 3-4 times before and have never even touched anything but the tires. This time was different though. My tcase skid and sliders payed their dues. We ran the creek trail, ventured trough the dunes, played in the quarry and ran a "white?" trail back where the creek trail ended. We left sooner than I would have liked but July isn't too far away.

I was about 20 minutes from home when I realized my camera bag was on the kitchen table.

I should have a new set of MT/Rs by Thursday though. Yay for new meats!

Unread 05-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEddie View Post
I've run the tube 3-4 times before and have never even touched anything but the tires. This time was different though. My tcase skid and sliders payed their dues. We ran the creek trail, ventured trough the dunes, played in the quarry and ran a "white?" trail back where the creek trail ended. We left sooner than I would have liked but July isn't too far away.

I was about 20 minutes from home when I realized my camera bag was on the kitchen table.

I should have a new set of MT/Rs by Thursday though. Yay for new meats!
Those tubes are crazy. I always thought it would be cool to drive through them, until I saw some vids on youtube...yikes.

Any pics of your buddies damage?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:38 AM   #23
Strizzy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've been through those tubes a bunch of times and never got any damage from them. Which side did you go through coming out of the creek?
Strizzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:54 AM   #24
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzy123 View Post
I've been through those tubes a bunch of times and never got any damage from them. Which side did you go through coming out of the creek?
The right side. Like I said I have gone through that specific tube a handful of times and only touched tire but something crazy must have happened because there was no ground when I dropped out of the other end.. The drop was a surprise but I thanked god for the sliders/skid.

Unread 05-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #25
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95 View Post
Any pics of your buddies damage?
He nabbed some on his phone but hes probably halfway to Florida by now. it just the usual XJ rocker damage though.

It was in this area but with about 10x more impact. His pass side was worse than the drivers. The pass side door crunched when opened/closed. A mallet fixed the door but the rockers are another story. The next day he still thanked me for taking him though-so it must not have hurt him too bad.

Unread 05-29-2008, 08:54 AM   #26
IGotADisneyJeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I went though it a few times myself
I just think the metal is bad and still say it's a bad drop when the rear starts to drop down.

Here's an old picture the 2nd time I dropped down the tube and the water was deep.
The water went inside my jeep and was inside my side compartment filled with water.
If you look closely in the water you can see a SHARK FIN swimming around my jeep.

I think this picture was taken in late 2000
I was running 2" spacers and 31 x 10.50 MTR's
Here it goes.
Unread 05-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #27
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotADisneyJeep View Post
If you look closely in the water you can see a SHARK FIN swimming around my jeep.
Gotta watch out for them sharks Mike, they'll get ya!

The water was a little higher then the bottom of my doors, but quick driving kept the water out. It was a bit higher in your pic though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.